Justinfish

Any good reports?

Rate this topic

4,615 posts in this topic

6 hours ago, HugeDinghy said:

the chit bag Mexican mafia was in force in Narragansett yesterday, keeping every scup they hooked.

some of them were smaller than johny roaches (scup, too).

called the hot line and didn't hold my breath.

they should have a bag limit.

For the past 3 weekends in a row I've been to RI popular spot and they were all out in full force keeping everything also. No one seems to bat an eye. :dismay:

15 minutes ago, In The Surf said:

How often do you read or hear about sustenance fisherman/poachers in trouble/busted? It's like they get a pass. Average Joe or comm it's a big deal. What gives?

Exactly. You don't hear them enough. 

If the EPO goes there for 2 weekends. I bet everyone would follow the rules and not keep undersized fish. You are talking about 50 people a day keeping an average 30+ short fish. Everyone thinks it's ok to do it and they all do it. 

Undercover is the answer to this problem. But i bet their answer was to make these special areas where you can scup at 9". Just to get them all together and bust them that way if they keep scup under than 9"

one of these special areas was dead of fishermen 5-6 years ago besides a couple of people. But now forget about it. It was one of my favorite spots for fluke. If i go there now I'm always shoulder to shoulder with these guys targeting scup. Also you clowns having a cookout onces or twice a year. 

Speaking about that when's the next one? :D

2 hours ago, mofish said:

Undercover is the answer to this problem. But i bet their answer was to make these special areas where you can scup at 9". Just to get them all together and bust them that way if they keep scup under than 9"

one of these special areas was dead of fishermen 5-6 years ago besides a couple of people. But now forget about it. It was one of my favorite spots for fluke. If i go there now I'm always shoulder to shoulder with these guys targeting scup. Also you clowns having a cookout onces or twice a year. 

Speaking about that when's the next one? :D

If you are speaking about that spot. It was dead about 5-6 years ago.... that's the time I had stop hitting that spot until recently. It is load with people everytime I am there, no way to fish at all....

Noticed yesterday while fluking along a beach in the bay, rain bait and finger size snapper blues. All the fluke I landed yesterday was coughing all of those bait out.

again this is not first hand but i have been told the EPO will not bust or question people that they believe may not be citizens as they do not want to deal with the hassle.  I have never understood why they do not bother these guys, but will occassionally wait at a bway in the middle of the night.  Seems like guys investing in gear to fish bway in middle of the night probably spend the money for a license and follow some rules, versus the weekend crowds that wait and bait for anything that swims.  They are also the WORST folks about leaving trash!

Heard this from others as well about not bothering to bust undocumented "aliens" for something as "minor" as a poaching violation (in the eyes of the courts and judges) They are also generally not good for paying the fines, have no easy way of being reached because they aren't registered anywhere, and basically live under the radar.

-bd

If I walk out to a spot that is loaded with questionable people I'll announce that DEM stopped me as I was walking in to check my license and that they're on their way out to check everyone... it's amazing how many of the "keep everything and anything" type people pack their stuff and scatter really fast... unfortunately there has been times where that was actually happening and DEM would just let them walk right by with buckets full of illegal fish.... too bad that those of us that pay for a license and go about the sport the way it should be/legally don't see our money at work

Edited by Firefight3065

20 minutes ago, Firefight3065 said:

If I walk out to a spot that is loaded with questionable people I'll announce that DEM stopped me as I was walking in to check my license and that they're on their way out to check everyone... it's amazing how many of the "keep everything and anything" type people pack their stuff and scatter really fast... unfortunately there has been times where that was actually happening and DEM would just let them walk right by with buckets full of illegal fish.... too bad that those of us that pay for a license and go about the sport the way it should be/legally don't see our money at work

This is great!  It is a shame that we will always see these 'Keep Everything' people.. Never ends.. They keep buckets of Shad in my area, like they're selling the damn things.  

On ‎8‎/‎2‎/‎2017 at 9:22 AM, HugeDinghy said:

the chit bag Mexican mafia was in force in Narragansett yesterday, keeping every scup they hooked.

some of them were smaller than johny roaches (scup, too).

called the hot line and didn't hold my breath.

they should have a bag limit.

Next time call the right agency.  1-866-DHS-2-ICE