Any good reports?

Rate this topic

Justinfish

how does this season seem to be shaping up compared to previous years?

Seems pretty typical numbers wise. Rats schoolies and shorts. Real story to be told soon though. Honestly, it's this last short stretch before the spawners show I get a bit antsy. Who knows what type of migration will swim in. Could be decent. Could be thin and crappy. Nowadays you just never know.

Fishing kills me exactly as it keeps me alive.

Hemingway, Old Man and the Sea

Seems pretty typical numbers wise. Rats schoolies and shorts. Real story to be told soon though. Honestly, it's this last short stretch before the spawners show I get a bit antsy. Who knows what type of migration will swim in. Could be decent. Could be thin and crappy. Nowadays you just never know.

I am interested in learning a little about the migration patterns if you have any more insight or beliefs on whether the fish are now migrating in deeper water or just staying down south?

I am up over a million dinks, but I grabbed a 31" keeper Sunday and have brought in half a dozen 24 and 25 inch fish in the past week.

Nice man, I know it's not common to give away spots but what general area do you fish at? I do the lower bay and coastline at southern Narragansett but my only luck this spring has been one 18 inch schoolie (pic).

post-75019-0-67864300-1494167535.jpg

Herring, squid, bunker.

EPOs out and booting us off a run. New law says fishermen have to stay 300yds or whatever away.

I didn't see any ****ing "informational signs" posted where I was. Total garbage.

post-62927-0-71625600-1494200913.jpg

Edited by rst3

Forget herring.

ok **** that that's dumb. Just don't be obvious and you're good.

7" fin-s-fish on 1/2oz hammerhead was hated. But go off the profile and they wanted nothing to do with it.

Edited by rst3

I think if your Native American you can use Herring but don't quote me on it . A buddy of mine was at the Canal and Poccohaunis and her 2 Papoopisis  were using Herring . He said your not suppose to use those figuring they didn't  know . Well she pulled out the Engine Card and went up one side and down the other on him saying she has the right . I think his Hair was even different after that 

Top Drawer Sport fishing " We Put Everything Into It "

I imagine there'd be some choice words for an EPO if he came and booted a half dozen guys 300yds away for using artificials (as we were) and then a Native American strolled up with a net and started bagging livies.