Justinfish

Any good reports?

Rate this topic

4,615 posts in this topic

knit one, purl 2...

It looked like it was off to a good start, but last night I watched 2 guys out a the end of "a well-known popular spot" fish through the first 90 minutes or so of the tide, and I can't be sure but I don't think they had a dozen fish between them.  I stayed in the channel, and while the numbers were there I didn't get anything bigger than 34".  I left-fish-to-find-fish, and found the same situation a few miles up the coast; lots of fish, but not much size.

I was home by 0100, only part-way through the lag tide.  What can I say, I'm getting more responsible in my old age.  Anyone want a wool hat?

No absolutely not.  I was referencing the canal bite and the great knitting options out there. 

For the record, I was doing a lot more knitting than catching at the Canal this AM. Wind wasn't bad either. Time to...ahem....move. :cool:

-bd

There were a few of those gators mixed in w bass the other night. I have gotten some of my biggest blues from shore ever this year and all at night.

:waah:

Small stripers bait and FN seals!!!!!

Haha...but so many of them!  Still fun...doesn't sound like the big girls are at any of the popular spots yet, unless you call 35"-40" fish big girls, not that I'm turning my nose up to them or anything!  :bigeyes: