Militia's Mobilizing

Rate this topic

Jonesy

If I refused to pay the fines for parking my boat on federal land and the fed went to seize my boat, I'd expect them to be armed when they did so and I'd expect them to tase me if I charged them in a threatening manner.

I also don't think it was much of a big deal for the Feds as they let fines accrue for two decades before taking action.

:laugh:

And if they surrounded your house with armed agents while miles away the folks who were paid 1$ million hauled off your boat, it would be perfectly understandable, right? Dude, I have never in my life seen such a shill for father government. I am embarrassed for you.

-

He owed them a million dollars. So they spent ANOTHER million dollars to round up his cattle. That'll show him!

"Meanwhile, federal officials say 277 cows have been collected since Saturday in the rangeland that has been closed to the public through May 12. A roundup contract totals $966,000 ".

"It is estimated that impounding them will cost upwards of $3 million ".

Plus, +++++++.

I bet this will cost 10 million or more before they are through.:kook:

:dismay:

Dennis

Quote TimS "...we have 30 moderators and 7 administrators, we aren't taking on any vigilantes at this time".

Austerity, Biology, Protest, Scandal, USA

Federal funds for a Nevada-based desert tortoise conservation center are running dry and wildlife officials plan to close the facility and euthanize hundreds of tortoises that were once classified as “endangered” and are currently considered “threatened.”

The desert tortoise can be found in the southwestern United States, but its population has been dwindling. In some areas, the tortoise population has decreased by 90 percent since the 1980s, and in the Mojave desert the population is considered “threatened.” It is illegal to touch, harm or harass these animals, and the Desert Tortoise Conservation Center has tried to increase their population ever since they were added to the endangered species list in 1990.

Still, only 100,000 desert tortoises are estimated to remain in the wild.

But federal funds are running dry at the Las Vegas Valley facility, and rather than release the animals, officials plan to euthanize about half of the 1,400 tortoises. :laugh:

The 220-acre facility will shut its doors in 2014, and the tortoises deemed feeble to survive in the wild will be set free. Many of the tortoises at the center were formerly kept as pets and are unable to survive in the desert.

“It’s the lesser of two evils, but it’s still evil,” US Fish and Wildlife Service desert tortoise recovery coordinator Roy Averill-Murray told the Associated Press.

The facility usually takes in diseased or injured tortoises and nurtures them back to health, but new arrivals will most likely be put to sleep.

The Bureau of Land Management currently funds the conservation and research center with fees inflicted on those who disturb tortoise habitats. During the housing boom in the early 2000s, the conservation center had plenty of cash, since developers were frequently fined for disturbing such habitats. But since the recession, the BLM has struggled to meet its annual $1 million budget.

Over the past 11 months, the BLM has only accumulated $290,000 in federal mitigation fees that developers are forced to pay.

“With the money going down and more and more tortoises coming in, it never would have added up,” BLM spokeswoman Hillerie Patton told AP.

The desert tortoise is the state reptile of both California and Nevada. Millions of these creatures once roamed the deserts of the American southwest and northern Mexico, but they are now a rare sight.

After news broke of the Desert Tortoise Conservation Center’s plans to euthanize the vulnerable animals, a petition was launched on **********, asking the state of Nevada to seek an alternate method to keep the facility open.

“While I understand that budgets are tight and money is scarce, I believe that the funds required could be raised,” states the petition, which was launched by New York resident Seth Webster. “…Please show your support and ask the BLM to cease plants to euthanize and find another way.”

The petition had about 50 signatures out of a goal of 10,000 on Monday afternoon. :laugh:

Dennis:)

Quote TimS "...we have 30 moderators and 7 administrators, we aren't taking on any vigilantes at this time".

This situation is hopeless.

Tortoises?

Fracking?

Cattle?

BLM?

Money?

This guy is in the wrong technically, but I think its a paints a brilliant picture of how a thousand tiny progressive 'cuts' can make enough rules to eventually surround and overtake this rancher.

He is wrong. He lost. But it aint fair.

I can see why alot of people might just pick this issue. The pot is a-bubblin'... Over/Under on the revolution?

15 years is my prediction. 20 tops.

"He's a good stick" - Mr. Miyagi"  ~  "Yep!" - Captain Dingo

"How are you doing that" - Jimmy the Mate  ~  "Shipwreck is one of those guys!" - Capt. Freddy Gamboa

Well I read where some say he has paid money but now the Feds are killing his cattle.......this could probably be settled peacefully if the law and common sense were left to prevail not a bunch of hot heads with taser guns and helicopters.......these are ranchers not rioters......another Capt. John Parker maybe.......I hope this doesn't end bad.

"Law enforcement’ is not something sovereign citizens seize from police officers. It is a societal function that citizens delegate to civil police.

In so doing, we do not abdicate our own sovereignty, nor our duties as citizens. Ultimate responsibility is still ours. When those we hire as our “Protectors” are either unwilling or unable to perform that function at the critical moment, there is no law, nor standard, that says we cannot perform it for ourselves"........ John Farnam.

"Gird Your Loins"

THE FEDS THE FEDS THE FEDS This is OUR LAND, THE FEDERAL GOONS ARE OUR EMPLOYEES, seems like a few have forgotten that fact. The government is supposed to work FOR the citizens, not against us. Over / under on the revolution if Hillary gets elected, 10 years. If not -----------??

IN FAVOR OF COMMERCIAL FISHING AND SURFING THE NORTH SIDE

MAY THE RICH GET RICHER!!

FISH ARE FOOD!!

UA MAU KA EA O KA AINA IKA PONO O HAWAII

Why are you guys picking this issue to get behind?

The simple facts of the matter is that this guy used public lands for his business and refused to pay the required fee. He lost in court twice and still refused to pay.

What should have happened to the freestuffer deadbeat in this case?

I think the tortoise thing is a reason people are upset. Its like the plover issue here in nj and in the OBX.

Plus, its the BLM which is huge out west and alot of people are tired of them.

Lastly, he is wrong because of a bunch of laws that all add up to make him a deadbeat. In actuality he may be far from it and just getting screwed. Just because he owes the money does not make the request/judgment for the money fair.

"He's a good stick" - Mr. Miyagi"  ~  "Yep!" - Captain Dingo

"How are you doing that" - Jimmy the Mate  ~  "Shipwreck is one of those guys!" - Capt. Freddy Gamboa

I think the tortoise thing is a reason people are upset. Its like the plover issue here in nj and in the OBX.

Lastly, he is wrong because of a bunch of laws that all add up to make him a deadbeat. In actuality he may be far from it and just getting screwed. Just because he owes the money does not make the request/judgment for the money fair.

A court ruled on it twice. He owes the money. What should be done?

Why are you guys picking this issue to get behind?

The simple facts of the matter is that this guy used public lands for his business and refused to pay the required fee. He lost in court twice and still refused to pay.

What should have happened to the freestuffer deadbeat in this case?

would you support the federal government charging you a fee to sit on a beach?

"Ok, Eddy you were right" - minivin5
"Oddly enough, Eddy is right fairly often"- TimS

"Eddy is correct" - TomT

"Say what you will about Eh-ddy but he actually does know a few things." - The Commish

A court ruled on it twice. He owes the money. What should be done?

Would have been cheeper to wait him out and freeze his assets. No money makes it hard to finance a cattle operation. There are plenty of cowboys out there who would have rounded up those cattle for free if they were given to them.

Shipwreck is right............there's more at stake here than a turtle or money IMO.....and since when does this Admin. care about court rulings...? IRS Scandal, Fast & Furious Scandal, Behngazi Scandal...........just to name a few and the ones we don't know about yet.

"Law enforcement’ is not something sovereign citizens seize from police officers. It is a societal function that citizens delegate to civil police.

In so doing, we do not abdicate our own sovereignty, nor our duties as citizens. Ultimate responsibility is still ours. When those we hire as our “Protectors” are either unwilling or unable to perform that function at the critical moment, there is no law, nor standard, that says we cannot perform it for ourselves"........ John Farnam.

"Gird Your Loins"

perhaps. but that's strange since Republicans started the Endangered Species Act back around the time when the GOP created the EPA. conservation is a conservative ideal.

also, his actions in response to the laws are what make him the deadbeat criminal. lets have some personal responsibility here. he's seeing some consequences to his actions. i'm fairly sure he's had more tun his day in court.

anyway, we'll know today or tomorrow whether all this internet talk about militia's and revolutions are real or just internet tough guy talk. by all accounts there should be hundred to thousands of armed patriots converging there today and this weekend. we'll see.

perhaps. but that's strange since Republicans started the Endangered Species Act back around the time when the GOP created the EPA. conservation is a conservative ideal.

also, his actions in response to the laws are what make him the deadbeat criminal. lets have some personal responsibility here. he's seeing some consequences to his actions. i'm fairly sure he's had more tun his day in court.

anyway, we'll know today or tomorrow whether all this internet talk about militia's and revolutions are real or just internet tough guy talk. by all accounts there should be hundred to thousands of armed patriots converging there today and this weekend. we'll see.

Completely agree that he should face the consequences of breaking codified law. But is the response proportionate to the crime?

-

Completely agree that he should face the consequences of breaking codified law. But is the response proportionate to the crime?

What should have been done when the rancher refused to pay the fine and refused to take his cattle off of the land?