Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
K Williams

Buggies & Carts For Your Kayaks?

29 posts in this topic

I have a Pro Angler and its a beast! I had the Hobie cart for it but it broke after less than 2 seasons and I am looking for one that is up to the task!!!! I do not recommend the Hobie cart!

I use wheeleez with those big fat 30cm wheels. Most everyone I know either has those wheels, or wish they did. 

What weight are they rated for and are they really bouncy?

The big Wheeleez urethane wheels are the only ones that I've found that work well in the sand. They are expensive, but you pay once and don't look back. They'll hold a max of about 120 lbs per wheel.

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigFishLarry View Post

I have a Pro Angler and its a beast! I had the Hobie cart for it but it broke after less than 2 seasons and I am looking for one that is up to the task!!!! I do not recommend the Hobie cart!

Did the frame break? 

Go to the wheeleez and look up Model # WZ1-KCB. They say the payload capacity is 176 lbs. Odd thing is if you go to tackle direct, they say for the same model 121 lbs. 

I use this after trying everything else when i had the pro angler 14 it was a beast to pull but these worked and then i got a ok big game with trolling motor and heavy heavy battery that kept breaking a diy cart i had. I dont think there is anything out better than these I have a hobie outback now and it seems to float on air with these.

thinking about getting this for an outback. To the guys that have this product, do you prefer it over the trax2 cart that goes into the scupper holes?

Not sure if this thing breaks down and can be stored or if I would have to go back to the car.

anyone using the railkit for this cart? I read somewhere it is necessary for bigger boats with deeper hulls.

If it broke less then two seasons then it still under warranty. Ive probably sold 400 to 500 Hobie carts and have only replaced maybe 6 for breakage. They are stainless steel which is about as good a material as you can get around salt water.

I have the outback and use the wheeleez, the cart that has 2 prongs that go through the scupper holes and I love it. I roll it over rocks on the north shore and I roll it through sand with no problems. My only concern is the welding on the frame, it looks weak to me.

Did the frame break? 

Go to the wheeleez and look up Model # WZ1-KCB. They say the payload capacity is 176 lbs. Odd thing is if you go to tackle direct, they say for the same model 121 lbs. 

Yeah the welds on the cross bar broke!!!

I use wheeleez with those big fat 30cm wheels. Most everyone I know either has those wheels, or wish they did. 

Nice... Thanks.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S4 using Tapatalk

The wheeleez cart for sure. I was pulling my yak last season with the large wheeleez cart and a guy came over and noted how effortless it was for me to move my Trident 13. He had the wheeleez mini and now wished he had gotten the larger one. good luck

I have one of those 30 cm Wheeleze carts but trying to move a PA with it, the straps rub the wheels. How do you guys strap a PA to it?