CCditchwitch

Thinking about a new Grill

Rate this topic

33 posts in this topic

da foodeh may be a lot of things...

but the guys that hang out there know grillin'

experts they is.

For Gas, Weber

I made the mistake of going all sorts of other routes before picking up a Weber. My biggest reason is, you can buy parts everywhere. I've seen parts sold in grocery stores. My other grills, I needed to order online or go to a grill specialty store. Stainless steel all the way. Grates and flavor bars.

For charcoal, Weber or Green Egg would be my choice.

Weber is just way too easy to use. The Green Egg is the "everything" cooker. I don't think there is a thing worth cooking that that can't do well.

For the money I don't think you can beat a Weber performer. I bought one, used, from Mike on this site, and it is hands down my favorite. I've got 3...all webers (gasser, WSM and the performer) and the performer is my fav. :th:

Get a Weber. As someone else pointed out, parts availability is excellent and that factor will keep your Weber grill going far longer than a brand with parts that are difficult to find. I'll also suggest that you get one with stainless steel grates instead of one with cast iron grates. It'll cost you more but the stainless ones will probably last a lifetime. My Weber is going into its 3rd season and its been a trouble free performer for me. Two thumbs up for Weber Grills.

Valentine

Yeah, weber. Everything less is substantially less. Chargrillers are a season and done, throw it away. My weber gas grill is now 10ish years at least, replaced the guts once, and she still burns fantastic and looks good!