Frenchy1

Is "mine" the new "I'll take it"?

34 posts in this topic

You could always right code with keywords off the RSS feed but you'll be stuck buying every thread. Haha

That's if you want automated response so you never lose an item.

Unless you are the first responder to a thread the use of the term "mine" is a bit presumptuous as the OP has the option to sell to anyone ahead of you. :)

It's safer to type mine than a 3 word phrase while driving and eating nachos, steering with your knees can be hairy with these giant potholes this year, if it saves a life or two I'm all for it

"And now for something completely different"

For the fastest response obtainable replace "I'll take it", "mine", or whatever with a $ emoticon.

Place this $ emoticon in the top position on the right where this :) currently resides.

All you have to do is "click" it and hit "submit". ;)

Someone please show me in the BST "For Sale" rules or clarifying statements where "mine" is the same as "I'll take it".

At this time, "I'll take it" seems to be the only slang in print allowed by TimS for the complete statements: "I'll take it. I accept the terms of the sale with no reservations or stipulations." Whatever "mine" means to you it doesn't matter. What matters is what it means to TimS.

If #1 writes: "mine", #2 writes: "I'll take it", and #3 writes : "I'll take it. I accept the terms of the sale with no reservations or stipulations", to whom may I sell my stuff?

I believe and I may be mistaken but the scaled down version of replying to a post to accept the terms of a sale actually started quite a few years ago when Ryan Smith and others including Don (Afterhours) would offer up plugs for sale in the main forums or the COMM B/S/T when that was set up where the demand was so great because of the very limited available plugs sometimes you would have double digit post the first minute of the sale and guys would type the shortest response to get in line to score.. Just typing a few extra characters would push you down the line in seconds and on the outside looking in..

With todays verison of the site where you can subscribe to forums for instant notification and the use of moblile devices in the fast pace tech world we live in I can see where the word or typing "Mine" makes a difference or creates a edge over everyone else.., like I said it has been going on for a long time and seems to just have crossed over to the Plug B/S/T forums recenlty...

Steve

Just because it's been going on for a long time does not make it correct.

There is a flaw in the posting system that allows you edit your post without saying you edited your post.

If you immediately go back and edit you could post just (") and complete the phrase in your edit like this:

"I'll take it"

Check your email notification, you will see.

Even this last line got through.

Bunny, I could have sworn Tim somewhere in the past year or so has clarified that INTENT is the key (unless another mod), either way, does it really matter? (seriously asking).

Not trying to a jerk with this, but if the rule is first "I'll take it" then what if you type "Ill tak it, or I take it, or I tak it", etc. Technically, it's not an "I'll take it". I think this is what Tim/SOL is trying to avoid.

I have never backed out of a deal, with the terms "mine" as in there.

I know you're just interepreting/trying to figure out what's protocol, but this is amazing (why I started the thread) that all this debatable-again, not you, you're just trying to figure it out!

You have to sell it to the first person to agree to your terms. "Mine" is an obvious agreement.

Endless you made it a stipulation that they had to use "I'll take it" phrase.

First agreement gets it. Done!

Bunny, I could have sworn Tim somewhere in the past year or so has clarified that INTENT is the key (unless another mod), either way, does it really matter? (seriously asking).

Not trying to a jerk with this, but if the rule is first "I'll take it" then what if you type "Ill tak it, or I take it, or I tak it", etc. Technically, it's not an "I'll take it". I think this is what Tim/SOL is trying to avoid.

I have never backed out of a deal, with the terms "mine" as in there.

I know you're just interepreting/trying to figure out what's protocol, but this is amazing (why I started the thread) that all this debatable-again, not you, you're just trying to figure it out!

I'll go along with raider73 and sell you anything you want. :)

I just like things to be spelled out in black and white so everyone knows where they stand. ;)

LOL Bunny,

Also, "Shark Complainer" is selling a bunch of cheap rods on SOL today, curious who's going to be the "Shark who buys the Rods" vilian...lol of course.

Everyone, have fun fishing this weekend!

You have to sell it to the first person to agree to your terms. "Mine" is an obvious agreement.

Endless you made it a stipulation that they had to use "I'll take it" phrase.

First agreement gets it. Done!

You don't have to sell it to the first person who agrees to your terms. You cannot sell it to someone after the first person who agrees to your terms.

To you it may be obvious. Not necessarily obvious to the large numbers of members to whom English is a second language.

Clarifying statement #5 says "I'll take it" is a response that is adequate, however it does not suggest any other.

I'll ask again, show me where it is written, not just your opinion.

I'm not trying to argue with you. I'm looking for the bottom of this situation. :)