Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
GeorgeD.

KAYAK FISHING CLASSIC AT JAMAICA BAY 2014

200 posts in this topic

Started a 2014 classic thread, will try to answer any question here.

As of Friday 3/28/14 approx. 175 had registered.

I know Tim's policy on links so just google "Kayak fishing classic at Jamaica Bay" or Captain Kayak.

George

Thanks George.

1. What's the normal course of action for supper, are fires allowed in a small Weber style charcoal barbecue?

2. Is water available to fill water bottles etc?

3. Are there facilities to wash dishes, pans etc (linked to Q1)?

4. Can we use little gas stoves for coffee etc in the morning?

5. Officially no alcohol is allowed, is this actively enforced?

Thanks!

Thanks George.

1. What's the normal course of action for supper, are fires allowed in a small Weber style charcoal barbecue?

Thanks!

Africaster;

1- Most guys use those type of grills. We provide food at the Captains meeting on Friday and Hot food at the awards on Sunday. The rest off the time you are on your own.

2- No drinkable water I know of, you have to bring your own.

3- We have in the past, been able to run a hose line for wash water for kayaks etc. Never know what this year will bring do to the state of the park.

4- Yes, you will see all kinds of cooking implements.

5- Be discrete.

Thanks George.

Thanks!

Africaster;

1- Most guys use those type of grills. We provide food at the Captains meeting on Friday and Hot food at the awards on Sunday. The rest off the time you are on your own.

2- No drinkable water I know of, you have to bring your own.

3- We have in the past, been able to run a hose line for wash water for kayaks etc. Never know what this year will bring do to the state of the park.

4- Yes, you will see all kinds of cooking implements.

5- Be discrete.

Perfect thanks, going to pack now and wait in the car :)

its going to be four of us, we are going to carpool  and thinking of bring a close in trailer for all our kayaks and gear   14 ft       do you know if its a problem  to have a trailer at the park   thanks

I never heard of anyone from KFA having a problem with kayaks on the roof. We even have guys with 6' of kayak hanging out the back of their pickup, that's a trip on the Belt.

The only place that does not allow kayaks on roofs are parking garages, lol. Ask me how I know....:shock:

When I traveled on business and had my kayak on the roof, occasionally I'd have to park in a garage. I could get into a fair number of them without any issue. I'll never forget having my car valet parked (required) at a hotel in DC. The looks that I got from the parking valets were priceless. I told the guy no less than 4 times, "make sure it's going to clear". It did.

Hey guys, i understand they provide the measure device is it a tape, board? i have been trying to research this and I seen some pics taken with like tape in the paddle and the pic not showing the fish with paddle good enough. I also read alot about the hog troughs but they are 30" and I went to the jamboree where someone had a 47" or something around there. If they provide the measure device then i guess you cannot bring your own so to you guys that have gone before what do you do and what have you seen that works? I want to be able to have a clear picture of fish and device

Just a quick question.... how would a kayaking NOOB be at this tournament?   I got a hobie yesterday and have yet to fish out of it. 

I'm definately interested in this tournament...sounds like a heck of a lot of fun. 

thanks. 

Dennis