Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
MagDarter

HUNTER ROD VAULT INSTALL QUESTION

Rate this topic

28 posts in this topic

Okay, I'm hoping this is the solution but again I won't know until the rod vault gets delivered to my house.

Specifically for the Thule Aero Bars, they make a track adapter which I found at my local REI:

[img=

If that track screw fits in the rod vault hole I can throw a washer and a lug nut on and we are in business.

Let me know what you guys think??

These might work for you.

Thule 753-3998 Ski Rack Mounting Hardware

The newer speedlink mount has a lock, but I dont see the speedlink for sale separately from the ski racks.

Andy,

The guys at Rack n' Go said they can order them, so I believe most rack dealers can order these lockable mounts. They told me about $20 a pair excluding the lock cores.

Update: I stopped at Rack & Go, & they called Thule to order me a pair. Thule said they will not sell these speedlink lockable mounts separately :(

Update: I stopped at Rack & Go, & they called Thule to order me a pair. Thule said they will not sell these speedlink lockable mounts separately :(

I'm glad you were able to find them. Where is rack and go located? Do they have a website?

I went to my local Campmor and these guys refused to sell me anything because the attachment wasn't a thule part. They said it's a liability to them...

I'm still going to try my track screw option and hope it works. I think it's the best option for me but if that falls through I'll need to try the clamps.

The track bolt will work just fine. You might need to open the holes up a little on the rod vault and you will need matching nuts. Unless you have them already.

The track bolt will work just fine. You might need to open the holes up a little on the rod vault and you will need matching nuts. Unless you have them already.

Andy, I checked the rod vault instruction and the hole is 3/8" so is the screw I just need to pickup the bolts from a hardware store