Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Prefessa

Youzero Crystal Minnow?

Rate this topic

21 posts in this topic

Guys:

What gives here???? I have had two of these sitting in my surf bag(Black/silver and Bronze/silver) for a few seasons and have not caught a fish on one yet! In fact.... I have had many nights where this plug didn't get bit and then Wham! they were all over an inexpensive SOL(Mambo) minnow! Do these plugs have too much action??? Is there anything you guys do to make em' catch fish better? I noticed that the SOL minnows have a more natural tight wiggle where the youzouri wiggles and rolls frantically!

Must be the wrong plug at the wrong time. I've had great success with the black/silver Yo-Zuri Crystal Minnow. So much luck that I bought two more as spares this weekend.

Hey, I even caught a sea gull with that thing last fall!

Prefessa, if they are the suspending minnows you may want to try and slow down the retrieve. Maybe try working it with twitches, rather than swimming it fast. . If its not suspending, try the same thing anyway. biggrin.gif

Just my opinion.

Ant

Professa I had fish on the black over silver last night. I like the super wiggle action in really fast current, you can hold the plug in the current with almost zero retrieve and entice strikes, allows you to keep the plug in the strike zone alot longer in that situation where current is ripping and you know the fish are holding in a picket line in a very specific spot IMHO

John:

What kind of retrieve are you using? Straight n' slow or twitch pause?? This is a very nice lookin' plug with loads of action, I know I must be using it wrong!

I have caught fish on it any way you can imagine........letting it drift, slow steady retireve, eratic retrieve, even burnin it on top........doesnt seem to to really matter for me.....I change out the hooks and take the split ring off the nose. tha plug has been almost as good to me as the black bomber smile.gif

------------------

John M

johnm@stripersonline.com