Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Spigola

Something is getting fishy around here.

Rate this topic

12 posts in this topic

This weather is sure starting to look like the beginning of the mullet run to me. biggrin.gif

I think it is time to start to study the tide charts cwm15.gif and get my fall fishing patterns organized.

I managed to get most of the house things in order and done and now it is time to fish. icon14.gif

Spigola smile.gifcwm12.gif

Spig, do you guys get a real mullet run or are your mullet lost in the midst of the peanuts like ours have been for the past few years?

I miss the plain old fashioned mullet run...nuttin' like watching a sheet of mullet try to sneak past the front of a big jetty at dusk icon25.gificon14.gif

TimS

Must be time for the mullett to sneak by.The surf isn't fishable,and the hurricane season is going strong.Seems the last few seasons have been washed out by the tropics

Tim,

Used to get a real mullet run but like Rick says, it seems like the little bastages have been squeaking by the last couple of years during these line storms.

Last real good one I remember is about 3 years ago and we bailed fish on fly rods on the open beach for weeks. Had a light Northerly blowing for about three weeks and the bait was herded tight to the beach and all you needed was a 30 foot cast. Awesome flyrodding that year.

Spigola

I saw lots and lots of mullet last year. Came through the last week of september and we had a good week of bass on the beach before storms messed things up for a couple of weeks

deal? I have solid reports of a fair number of threshers working that area and sunbathing on top

I was fishing about 1.5 miles off the Highlands Bridge on Sat with RiverRat and Bobber when we heard what sounded like a Volkswagon dropping from the sky about 40 yds away. The water spray/disturbence was massive and could not have been caused by any large striper.

John: The fluke guys report losing more than a few fish to sharks in that area this past week.

It was awesome. I have never heard a boil like that--even while tuna fishing.

Nice icon14.gif Threshers in the flukin' waters...time to start drifting with a live blue devil on a little heavier gear while flukin' wink.gif

Spig, the last few years when I did see mullet in our surf, they were eclipsed by the peanuts...the bass were more in peanut mode than mullet mode - at least for me smile.gif

TimS