Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
shbeachbum

Car Wax Problem

Rate this topic

13 posts in this topic

Put a coat of wax on the wife's car but got wax on plastic trim. Now there is a white stain where the wax was. Tried to wash the stain off but it did not work. How does one get the black trim to its original look?

"Original look" or what it used to look like...?

Try Barkeepers Friend and a small brush (a hand brush from an auto pars store works great) Then after that you can get this stuff from Turtle Wax called black restore (or something like that) It works great.

Did the wheel guards on the Subaru like this and they look better than brand new...a year later.

Rookie,jk.

Aromorol will take it off.

If you want one of the best auto wax out there try colinite,very inexpensive it has zero detergents In it,it will out last the others like Tuttle wax mcquirres ect.

Check out.

im an auto detailer and those methods listed are ok but may discolor your plastic trim. I use this on all cars that i detail. Almost every car that I detail has old wax left on the trim. 

autogeek_2272_156215607

This is what i apply after i remove all the wax on the trim.

autogeek_2272_137355870

this is all best done under shade or in the garage. Do not do this in direct sunlight. 

im an auto detailer and those methods listed are ok but may discolor your plastic trim. I use this on all cars that i detail. Almost every car that I detail has old wax left on the trim. 

[img=

http://ep.yimg.com/ca/I/autogeek_2272_137355870]

this is all best done under shade or in the garage. Do not do this in direct sunlight. 

Where can one buy theses products or are they only available to dealers?

Pretty sure most cleaners of that type are glycol ether compounds. Similar to "goof off" and "goo gone" 

MSDSheets are pretty easy to find to compare ingredients. I use goo gone on industrial type wood finishes. Removes dried caulk, latex paint splatters, even dried silicone caulk that countertop installers like to slather all over my cabinets. I think it is pretty much the same but ingredient lists are available if you search for them. Problem with most of it is it will also remove any compounds. like" armor all" on the plastic as well as the wax causing the plastic to look discolored. 

Quote:

Originally Posted by shbeachbum View Post

Quote:

Originally Posted by chewy2000913 View Post

autogeek_2272_156215607

autogeek_2272_137355870

Where can one buy theses products or are they only available to dealers?

PAL automotive detailer shop in piscataway, NJ or buy it online.