WhiteWaterOut

The Ultimate Darter Lure

Rate this topic

277 posts in this topic

Been going through my things, organizing, changing hooks, cleaning up lures, and more. As I go through my bag and boxes I notice I have a wide variety of darters. Everyone loves a darter! My question for you is what is your favorite/ultimate darter? There are many makes out there...Super Strike, Sporting Wood, Beachmaster, Afterhours, LS69, Gibbs, Wally's, LI.Fishin.VT, Tattoo, Asylum, and more. So what is your favorite darter or darters? Or what do you think is the best darter available? I pose this question due to the popularity of the darter and its proven success in the past on this style lure. Love to see the responses.....

Super Strike

Tattoo

I have AH darters but haven't gotten them wet yet. This year maybe.

I like the looks of LS69 and Wally's.

Super Strike is probably the "best" due to the consistency of the plastic product and the low cost. It was mentioned to Steve that his prototype would probably fly off the shelves and do very well up and down the NE. I know I would pick up a bunch.

Im a big fan of LS69. The original Yellow Darter of Death, I think its 6.5", was my top producer for a whole year. It digs well and loves strong current. I also found myself throwing it on open beaches and catching.

Im a big fan of LS69. The original Yellow Darter of Death, I think its 6.5", was my top producer for a whole year. It digs well and loves strong current. I also found myself throwing it on open beaches and catching.

That's good to hear, I won the purple LS69 darter from Mofish this weekend. He shipped it promptly today, can't wait to try it out. This will be my first darter from Linesider69.

The ones I make are my favs,I'm biased obviously.But other then my own stuff I build ,Tatoo is my fav when it comes to stuff other then my own.

Choopy. Both of his sizes. The bigger ones were only available in flea markets. He had a couple left over and is selling them through his FB page now...

PASurfer also made a nice small darter he called a beach darter. Don't let the name fool you, it cast well and worked from the rocks too...

Choopy. Both of his sizes. The bigger ones were only available in flea markets. He had a couple left over and is selling them through his FB page now...

PASurfer also made a nice small darter he called a beach darter. Don't let the name fool you, it cast well and worked from the rocks too...

Forgot about Choopy. Also good stuff!

Dartcasters have the durability and consistency of plastic and thump like the dickens! Wood darters tend to have the lips torn to bits soon after hitting a few rocks.

(not my pic., stock SOL photo.)

SuperStrike, Anco, Northbar, Choopy & Tattoo, nuff said. For those of you who are not familiar with Anco darters, fish one when you get the chance and I guarantee you will become a believer! :D

Tattoo is my #1. Choopy would be my next.

I've heard fantastic things about L69 and just picked up a few. Anxious to give em a try.

Mikes beast darter sounds like a great MONSTER darter. 4-5oz if I remember correctly....Nuts!

Thanks for the hot tip John:) Made my night.

Almost exactly my top 3... LS69, Super Strike and LI.Fish.in.VT

My #1 darter is LI.Fish.in.VT ... awesome lure!! Also big fan now of the Sporting Wood darter. Larry is good people too. Ohhh..and of course Beachmaster and AH ... lots of good ones out there! Too many.