Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Eeeeels

53 hrs per week

Rate this topic

22 posts in this topic

I personally know chet and if any of you guys think that this guy doesn't deserve a fish like that you are out of your mind.

While all of you guys are sleeping we are sliding bass back in the water. He works hard for his bass, takes his share of lickins from the hand of God and could probably hang in there on a slow night longer than most of you. Do you have any idea how many bass this guy has tagged for his club, well over 1000, all from the beach.

Chet is not a gummer. If you see him catch a bass he will still lie and say NO FISH HERE MAN.

I guess what i am trying to say is that he releases more fish in a year than most of us catch!!!!!!!!!

And he loves foxes toooo.

------------------

No one here has said Chet didnt deserve this fish, He did I dont really see this reason for this post eeels.......no need ot inflame thre board we all whole heartidly congrtualte Chet onhis fish......JohnM

[This message has been edited by John M (edited 06-14-2000).]

That point's been made already...but thanks for reiterating it. smile.gif

Let me attempt to qualify this catch by Chet (who is a member of the club I belong to and a friend of mine). Chet is probably the most humble fisherman you'll ever meet. You've probably seen him before but I doubt you've heard him. He is quiet, soft-spoken, non-assuming, and humble. He has caught four fish over 50 pounds, about 25 over 40, and who can count how many 30's.

Catchandrelease, you'll never make Chet's head spin with your catches. In fact, it would take a lot to impress me and some others on this board. Maybe you ought to fish with Chet some night....you might learn how to be humble.....and a little less confrontational.

------------------

DC ><}}}}>

Hey, eeeeels....do I know you???? wink.gif

------------------

DC ><}}}}>

[This message has been edited by DaveC (edited 06-14-2000).]

eeeels please refrain from the name calllingitmight be okay on thoer sites but its not here. I edited your post. While I agree with you I dont agree with your wording its inflamatory and while we are alllowed to disagree we are nto allowed to flame one another particlarily when it appears you registered to post this reply.

I might further add that no one here feels chet did not deserve the fish actually he inspired the longest post Ihave EVER seen on the internet. smile.gif congrats to Chet on his fish I know he deserves it, while I do not know the man personallyI know sopme who do and they assure me he is top notch and that the way it should be these fisha re earned not given......If you have a problem with my edit please email me about it.....

------------------

John M

johnm@stripersonline.com

So for give me for stating my feelings.

I am not trying to inflame anyone, I just stated how I felt with authority. Thats just the way I talk.

Quite frankly if anyone does not like it, well you know (oooops there I go again being cocky)

I just wanted people to know that Chet is not some whoople who got lucky one night thats all.

EEEEELS.......................

eeeeels your point is taken and I dont think anyone thought Chet was some YaYa that got lucky. Authority is fine but slamming all the members of the board is not the way to do it.......You can be as cocky as you want eeeels thats your business keeping the peace here is my business...... smile.gif I hope you hang around and impart some of you knowldge to those in need here.

------------------

John M

johnm@stripersonline.com

Steve!....I thought it was you...

Don't know if you remember me but used to fish with Chris quite a bit, actually we've stood shoulder to shoulder on several occassions....had the grn dakota with white camper... Haven't been out on the island since my son was born...been concentrating a few hundred yds to the S.

If I'm not mistaken, the last fall I was there, you were expecting a little girl. How's it going??

Phil L

Eeels, greetings and welcome. As was stated already, no one, not one person, suggested that Chet didn't deserve that fish. In fact, without knowing him, we all congratulated him and celebrated his most deserved 50 pounder!

As John said, opinions are all allowed, cockiness is fine as well, it's just the finger pointing and foul language that weren't proper, but that's all been taken care of already. We encourage opinions, frown on foul language, and are a bit cocky ourselves biggrin.gif

TimS

Hey Phil. I cannot put a face to the name. Yes I always fished with Codfish Chris. Were you with us the night when Chris was high turtle. He landed this huge sea turtle one night. have never seen another again. He is always on the south side too. Got this coming week off, hope weather cooperates.

Anyway, Yes we had a little girl named Samantha. We were truly blessed. She is well on her way to becoming a full fledged beachbum. Samantha is almost 2 now. And I just purchased some new ammo. Why havent you been down to IBSP? How old is your boy?

TO ALL THAT GOT OFFENDED BY MY WORDS OF A LESSER SITE I OFFICIALLY APOLOGIZE!

HEY TIM,

Aren't you the one who got booted off of Striper Surf by that BOB character?

If I remember correctly it was because you wanted to speak as you saw fit?

Pls if I am wrong letme know.

HEY JOHN,

I here ya man. Chester taught me how to fish with eeeeels. I would follow them 2 out at night and just watch what they were doing. So finally we began to talk and he kinda took me under his wing. I have never landed any real cows off that Jetty, But I would bet a thousand bucks that if there were 20 guys all fishing in the same hole Chet would get the Cow.

All is ok with me and the rules if this site.

Eeeeels.................

Eeeels glad to hear it. Tim was amoung those who were dismissed by Bob... Myself, Ditch Jigger, DaveC and Phil were tossed casue we spoke our minds.YOu can speak your mind here in a civil manner other than being civil there arent anyother rules. smile.gif

as for the turtle I saw a guy catcha big ol loggerhead last week at hatteras it was about the sizr of a desk, the turtle was relased.........

------------------

John M

johnm@stripersonline.com

Eeels, yeah, in fact, all of the guys who got purged from that other site, myself included, have weighed in on this thread. The other outcasts, besides Tim and myself, are Dave, Phil and John. The fact of the matter is, we were purged not for flaming or insulting others, but because we would not stop offering honest opinions on some of the stuff that the owner sold, and insisted on mentioning favorably stuff he didn't sell. He edited threads that mentioned "the competition" as he put it, and we were booted when we voiced our objections to this commercial censorship publicly. I requested my own banishment on WMI, as I will not post on any site where I have to temper my candor with thoughts of the owner's pocketbook--I value my credibility and refuse to be anyone's shill. He acceded to my wishes and banned me.

We do things a little differently here--even though Tim sells stuff, he doesn't edit threads where we mention stuff he doesn't sell, and he doesn't tell people to change their catch reports to say they caught a good fish on something he sells. The only rule here is to treat others with courtesy and respect, and the only people who ever got tossed were those who repeatedly ignored this rule and persisted after warnings, or those who re-registered under aliases after being tossed. No thread on this board has ever been closed by anyone with the authority to do so. There's a world of difference, even to my biased eyes.

Hey Steve,

My boy will be a year next weekend..amazing how times flies...seems like just yesterday I was standing on a jetty with my cell phone tucked inside my jacket..waiting for the "call"...hoping I wouldn't have to run a mile to the truck carrying a big fish. I haven't gotten the pass lately cause with the boy I wouldn't be able to use it enough to justify 125 bucks. But he is coming of beach age, so next year I will be start back.

I wasn't there for the turtle episode...but have been there for many of the other interesting things out there...I wear yellow bottoms and top...green fanny pack...small bucket or bag of eels tucked under my belt...used to wear the NY Yankees cap.

I do remember one morning you took some spectacular shots of the dawn with white water coming over the top...Did those pics ever come out(Think I may have been the person in the pic).

I should be making a trip or two next week on your side...nice tides this upcoming week. Weeds been thick on my end but a few respectable fish have been around...just hard trying to stay out of the S, SE winds and all the weeds.

Say hi to the guys(Allen, PA John, Chris, etc) for me next time you see em. Miss being out there.

Phil L

Eeels, yes and no, I was, as Ditch so properly put it, "purged", from that site. No, it wasn't for speaking as I saw fit. I followed every single rule every made public, I never posted links to competition, never flamed one single person, patiently and honestly answered the same redundant questions over and over again for anyone that bothered to ask, helped the proprietor out when he had no idea what colors/sizes/style of lures people threw locally...and I was purged for simply trying to remain honest and unbiased in my answers. In that, I mean that I wouldn't change my opinions on an item simply because the owner sold it, that wouldn't be honest. I was asked via email if I could possibly find the "grey area" as the proprietor so put it, when it came to my posts and his items...I flatly told him that to me, there's honest and then there's biased...I would be honest. Shortly thereafter, I was purged. His loss.

TimS