showtime finished plugs

Rate this topic

stripercrazy

Also finished these too. I made some a few years back and I had to make one this year as I owed a favor to someone who collects plugs so I figured I make a few. Fishmaster, Bass Aqua. I always liked this cool looking plug. I had to make all the hardware. Very time consuming plug getting all the components together but very satisfying once the stain went on the tiger maple. If you have any interest in the components you can see them in a previous post here http://www.stripersonline.com/t/645931/steel-pulse-bass-aqua

post-84-0-28341400-1456429534_thumb.jpg

post-84-0-56298400-1456429543_thumb.jpg

post-84-0-25116300-1456429552_thumb.jpg

what's the secret word for tonight

Did actually finish some plugs this past week. These are old school plugs made in the Cape Cod, Hyannis area. I really enjoyed this build. Norris sandeel plugs. Made some natural ones as exact as I could to the original I had. 3 hooks. I also made some colored ones and am determined on catching a fish on one but I only put 2 hooks as I thought that was more than sufficient and also keep from catching myself if I do try and land a fish on one. I gave a few away yesterday and hopefully they may catch a fish on a really cool old school plug.

post-84-0-05937200-1456425185_thumb.jpg
post-84-0-15770500-1456425175_thumb.jpg
post-84-0-75996900-1456425165_thumb.jpg

Paul those came out awesome, I guess you found the hooks.

Thanks guys . Yes I did find a hook that would work. They were about a half a size small but did the job. I actually found them on ebay in smaller quantities as I did not want to buy a min. of 100 from Mustad. These type of plugs are a ball to make. Most of everything I make to actually fish are pretty basic plugs and colors, as that is usually all that is needed to catch fish, but doing stuff like above takes some time and for thought and is satisfying when it comes out like you wanted. Hopefully when I get some basic stuff done I'll post up a few.

Never have and being so miserable this winter I have not had any motivation to try it in the water, yet. They are as rare as hens teeth so not many that own originals are going to throw them in the water but I will be using them this upcoming year. He made jointed ones and all kinds of sizes so there are a lot of different styles out there of his plugs. He is more famous for his Norris squid.

I was fortunate enough to check out Steele Pulse's Norris needles and Fishmaster BassAqua yesterday in person and they are works of art. Well done.

Here are a few plugs I have finally top coated and finished up.

Some mahogany needles, a couple assorted smaller ones and some new sinking sliders in cherry. I thought after I painted some yellow mackerel that it looked kind of big cat-like so I was inspired to paint a more realistic bengal tiger version. :D

Also painted some mackerel patterns on some awesome GooGoo Man needles, poppers and swimmers for him recently. I just saw them wired and epoxied and they came out real sharp. Maybe he will post some pics...(subtle hint) hehe

<"}}}}><

Did actually finish some plugs this past week. These are old school plugs made in the Cape Cod, Hyannis area. I really enjoyed this build. Norris sandeel plugs. Made some natural ones as exact as I could to the original I had. 3 hooks. I also made some colored ones and am determined on catching a fish on one but I only put 2 hooks as I thought that was more than sufficient and also keep from catching myself if I do try and land a fish on one. I gave a few away yesterday and hopefully they may catch a fish on a really cool old school plug.

Steel those came out way cool! I'm betting you had to try a lot of new tricks in the build that in the future you can use in new builds. Love the work and the effort.