stripercrazy

showtime finished plugs

Rate this topic

6,498 posts in this topic

6 hours ago, strats'n'stripers said:

Primer is Zinsser 123 and the epoxy is CEC corp 30 min which is new to me but BSI and Devcon are nearly twice the price Canada. I’m convinced the epoxy is good and this was entirely user error. Not enough dry time between primer and paint. I followed the directions on the can which is lies. Now I’m waiting 24 hours between primer and paint. 

Yeah you’re probably right. I would be leery of using the 123. I paint for a living and don’t really like the stuff.  Try insl-x stix. That’s what i use.  Also there a discussion in here “lets talk primer” which I started a few weeks ago for exactly this reason ^.  Nothing worse than making a masterpiece just to have it peel off and blow away. 

23 mins ago, 1amson said:

Yeah you’re probably right. I would be leery of using the 123. I paint for a living and don’t really like the stuff.  Try insl-x stix. That’s what i use.  Also there a discussion in here “lets talk primer” which I started a few weeks ago for exactly this reason ^.  Nothing worse than making a masterpiece just to have it peel off and blow away. 

Thanks I’ll look into insl-x as well as the primer thread. I’ve had this happen to the odd one but it’s not the norm. Sure don’t wanting it happening again though. 

42 mins ago, R.R. Bridge Fisher said:

Very nice 

I’ll second that, those slims will do some damage. I just finished a batch of 5 from 2 different woods and used different weighting, nose shapes, and lip slots. I’m excited to swim them and see which are best. 

1 hour ago, strats'n'stripers said:

I’ll second that, those slims will do some damage. I just finished a batch of 5 from 2 different woods and used different weighting, nose shapes, and lip slots. I’m excited to swim them and see which are best. 

Yeah I’ve been diddling with those for a while. Done some with 2 belly hooks and no weight. These ones are single belly hook with a little weight right behind it, and a dressed tail hook. Lefty 1 lip, danny 1 lip, pikie 0.5 lip.  I’m thinking single belly hook w/ weight and pikie 0.5 lip is best… but I don’t know. I CANT DECIDE. 

11 hours ago, 1amson said:

Yeah I’ve been diddling with those for a while. Done some with 2 belly hooks and no weight. These ones are single belly hook with a little weight right behind it, and a dressed tail hook. Lefty 1 lip, danny 1 lip, pikie 0.5 lip.  I’m thinking single belly hook w/ weight and pikie 0.5 lip is best… but I don’t know. I CANT DECIDE. 

I’ve been using Danny 1 high and mid slots and cutting the slots at different heights. Haven’t tried any without belly weight but have been experimenting with 2 weights. One usually at the widest point of the plug and another just forward of where a second hook would normally be. The idea was to add stability and and eliminate a second treble hook, especially on the smaller plugs. Fish in the 28” range can be a really menace to unhook and I’ve had too many close calls that easily could have ended worse. 865EC7BB-AB81-4910-9331-2AE0E289BF63.jpeg.5bc3521fcdcc34dcbaa0366323b95f5b.jpeg1449DAAC-B4A6-42A1-A9D4-FE704C4CF028.jpeg.61a68c653befab0e169ecede22cc704a.jpeg

12 hours ago, strats'n'stripers said:

I’ve been using Danny 1 high and mid slots and cutting the slots at different heights. Haven’t tried any without belly weight but have been experimenting with 2 weights. One usually at the widest point of the plug and another just forward of where a second hook would normally be. The idea was to add stability and and eliminate a second treble hook, especially on the smaller plugs. Fish in the 28” range can be a really menace to unhook and I’ve had too many close calls that easily could have ended worse. 865EC7BB-AB81-4910-9331-2AE0E289BF63.jpeg.5bc3521fcdcc34dcbaa0366323b95f5b.jpeg1449DAAC-B4A6-42A1-A9D4-FE704C4CF028.jpeg.61a68c653befab0e169ecede22cc704a.jpeg

Oh yeah. 2 treble hook plugs= 1 for the fish, 1 for you. 

I'm a wicked Ho' being enabled by a great dude. Thanks son ! You have something coming I promise you.