showtime finished plugs

Rate this topic

stripercrazy

Finished a few recently. Peanuts and the green sloped plug are heavily weighted maple for the kayak. Repainted some SP’s, a BOA wide back minnow, and Shimano colt sniper.

791D9374-0D60-4D23-BE6D-C76C21CBB47D.jpeg

2B524746-973D-4EE9-8AB5-B56C987F890C.jpeg

Edited by lonellr

"If people concentrated on the really important things in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles."

-Doug Larson

On 2/3/2022 at 4:08 AM, TopStriperAngler said:

Wild! What's the idea here or the action that you are getting out of that open jaw on these? Looks very interesting!

In a steady current (river, bridge, inlet, rocky point) they dance, dart, and catch. I wouldn't bother throwing them into the waves or wash, they'd get tossed/wouldn't know where the lure was. Also good in a back bay if you retrieve like a jerk bait. When I attempted to make them look more like a traditional darter (chin sticking out more, shallower bevel on top) I got a lure that dived deep then turned over. But this design catches me lots of fish, so I'm sticking with it. I had a vid of one swimming on a YouTube channel I discontinued. If I can find the video I'll post it, or I'll shoot more footage in spring

IMG_2316(3).jpg

23 mins ago, JimmyJam said:

Hey guys. I figured i'd share since its been a while since I posted. Hope yall are doing well. 

These are varying sink rates, about 7" long and a little over 2.5oz. Original was carved from hard maple, and its children born of resin. 

20220207_093034.jpg

20220207_093214.jpg

Oh look!

The rare Silver Headed Goldfish!

Nice work.

32 mins ago, JimmyJam said:

Hey guys. I figured i'd share since its been a while since I posted. Hope yall are doing well. 

These are varying sink rates, about 7" long and a little over 2.5oz. Original was carved from hard maple, and its children born of resin. 

20220207_093034.jpg

20220207_093214.jpg

Those look nice. Is that a pinned hinge? Hard to tell. Would like to see these swim. Good job.