stripercrazy

showtime finished plugs

Rate this topic

5,506 posts in this topic

Posted (edited) · Report post

1 hour ago, Antagonizer said:

Very nice.   Question.  Why the nails in the plug ends in the picture?  Curious. 

I believe its for sanding.  You can through drill it and temportarily just use the end to sands on a lathe.  Nail goes in the through hole.

Edited by t_man7

4 hours ago, t_man7 said:

I believe its for sanding.  You can through drill it and temportarily just use the end to sands on a lathe.  Nail goes in the through hole. 

jig for making eyes out of resin 

Posted (edited) · Report post

My first stab at a Pikie. AYC finished out at 3.2oz. Thanks for the lip T-man !!  Sorry it took so long, but other things snuck in while working on this. The eye's not as recessed as it appears in this pic. It's 'cupped' but it looks a lot deeper than it actually is.

Jim

Pike Plug.jpg

Edited by Mandoborg

On 5/4/2021 at 1:44 AM, extreme fisherman said:

Few I just finished.. 

475C7079-1B1B-4524-AB0A-7E2B0B9BE24C.jpeg

C321A9AC-E66E-4254-881D-A20C8D0A5AEE.jpeg

Awesome. That big guy on the right looks particularly fishy!

On 5/3/2021 at 9:24 PM, BassAssasin said:

Yeah that would have been nice to have all that stainless. Have you taken the surfster for a test drive yet? Next time you make one round off the hard edges on the nose. You did a nice job on that body . I like chunky surfsters. I have some similar i made years ago.

Just soaked her this morning... %100 chance of getting eaten within the next two weeks... that thing just screams “smash me”... I will be making a few more! I’ll work on upgrading that lip, and I’ll probably tie a longer tail on the next ones.. that one seems awkwardly short...(though I think that may be adding to its really sexy azz-wiggle) also very surprised how well it casted for such a bulky untailwiegted plug... :th: probably my favorite build to date...