stripercrazy

showtime finished plugs

Rate this topic

5,504 posts in this topic

8 hours ago, semperfish88 said:

Question, on these big jointed baits, do you ever weight the tail to help with casting? Or do you find that completely destroys the action?

I sure hope not, I'm finishing up four jointed eels, including a massive three segmented ' Cinto ' eel that I put small weights in all the tails to try to keep them level. Time will tell.

10 hours ago, Mandoborg said:

I sure hope not, I'm finishing up four jointed eels, including a massive three segmented ' Cinto ' eel that I put small weights in all the tails to try to keep them level. Time will tell.

10 hours ago, Punch63 said:

This one is unweighted,  it takes a few good turns of the reel to get subsurface,  but has nice big wiggle, and casts surprisingly well.

Punch- Haven't tried my hand at a jointed yet. Still trying to get some of the basics down first, so any advice helps. Thanks for the info! 

Good luck with those eels Mando! Let me know how they work. I have no doubt they’ll swim, just curious how much of a difference the weight would make (obviously the more

weight the More drag in the water.. but I could also see it creating a bit of A thrashing tail motion... so I’m curious how that’ll play out) 

1 hour ago, Bluetaildragger said:

The results of my quest for a metal lip that casts like it’s not a metal lip 

282B5E05-EEBE-4929-8131-229F3B25191A.jpeg

Its ike you were reading my mind!  Was just talking to my friend Nevan about a metal lip design like that (skinnt neck).  Surf Asylum Dong is very similar profile to it.