showtime finished plugs

Rate this topic

stripercrazy

1 hour ago, BassAssasin said:

Very difficult to see what the plug is doing in that clip.

The point was to show the stability/density of it. I’ll try to get some video of the action on a normal retrieval. 

Fishing for sport only; Fish meat is practically a vegetable.

21 mins ago, t0phtrt said:

The point was to show the stability/density of it. I’ll try to get some video of the action on a normal retrieval. 

Look forward to seeing it. What wood did you use on that darter in the clip. I did like the way it slowly came back to the surface which gave an idea regarding density. I would like to see it in current. I found a darter I made over 20 years ago that was never wired and I believe is mahogany. It is drilled out for weighting but I will fill that in and try it without weight. Can't find the unweighted Spanish cedar darters I made around the same time, but I recall that I put them aside because they had more wiggle than I like.

Best of what I got. The beginning of the clips i can catch the natural current in the channel. Towards the end I’ve got polls and docks on my right and left and it’s just a vortex. 

FullSizeRender.mov
FullSizeRender.mov

FullSizeRender.mov

FullSizeRender.mov

Fishing for sport only; Fish meat is practically a vegetable.

On 1/10/2021 at 4:37 PM, BassAssasin said:

Looking good. What did you use for the lip on that swimmer?

Great question... I believe it was a gutter bracket I had laying around my garage (just cut the end off ... (I’m new to this game... so my supply stock is limited :bucktooth: .. but its surprisingly ridged for a piece of aluminum) I have my doubts thought as to how well it’s going to hold up in the long run... particularly worried about A) short term: the lip turning into a razor blade on its first contact with a rock, and B) long term: possibly corroding over time ... but oh well... just wanted to get a plug finished and in the water.. (still haven't, but will be shortly)...but I am really curious what kind of action I’ll get from a multi angled lip. 

F08C74A4-6F4F-4A3E-9941-8825E67149A0.jpeg

12C7BE63-C87F-4D89-9646-977114F56744.jpeg

3 hours ago, BassAssasin said:

I was only able to view the first video u posted, this new lot I can't open. I tried a Mac a PC an iPhone nothing. The device I was able to open the first one with is not available to me till tmrw. Will have to wait to see it.

Same. One I could see you rod. They do have sound. Weird. 

2 hours ago, Punch63 said:

Wire. Its all I had left, after turning this guy

20210112_170139.jpg

Yea very nice man . That stuff is gorgeous and I’ve seen way less handsome pieces go for big bucks .  I’d love to get my hands on huge chunk but I’d probably just end up hoarding it lol . I give ya credit for turning it into a plug . 

Been in a phase of painting variations of brown over white lately and wanted to try it out on a big jointed. Got creative in terms of the connection loop in the middle instead of the standard tailwrap connection and really happy with both the look, strength and the spacing between the two parts of the plug. 

Now if only I could tie a proper flag to match this unit! 

Edited by Dan_evan1
Derp