stripercrazy

showtime finished plugs

Rate this topic

5,620 posts in this topic

I hate epoxy... :soapbox:

This plug had no reason to have fish eyes.  I made the red head one above the same batch same brand of paint and everything.  All the same procedures.  Yet it still ends up with fish eyes all over the plug.

81E76DF2-DB44-493A-B0F2-F0FECDB786B7.jpeg

F1026018-D8C7-4223-AEE4-84BFA2011BAE.jpeg

92553DE1-5302-401B-95C0-9439B01FD784.jpeg

5 mins ago, extreme fisherman said:

I’ve made a plug like that several years ago , used a lefty high slot and did well with it .. Nice job color is perfect 

I used a left 1 high slot.

Yup so sucky . Just fish it . Idk what paint or epoxy ya using but spraying matte clear rustolium before epoxy has made my epoxy work so problem free and dam near perfect results . Wish I knew about it sooner 

18 hours ago, t_man7 said:

4492E95C-5E72-4E47-A557-1E580E9D4DDC.jpeg

I have found a few types of paint reallllly do not like to  take an epoxy coat evenly and no matter how much prep and clean up the fisheyes happen anyway. That being said, 2 things that seem to really help are to mix thoroughly, and with my epoxy I warm it up. It helps to de-aerate the epoxy by making it less viscous, but also speeds up the cure to prevent pull aways like you see there.

Don't stress though, that plug will still swim and wiggle. Save it for your bag!

If it really bugs you though, a careful wet sand and re-coat is always an option. Good Luck, and nice plugs!

1 hour ago, Kphresh said:

Sloped troller, Pike troller.... I dunno, but I love to paint this color scheme. Hopefully the fish will love it too.

PXL_20201216_222111303.jpg

PXL_20201216_221922414.jpg

Ev, Nice to see a deep-swimming Pikie (how deep does that one go?), and that's a great choice of colors!!