showtime finished plugs

Rate this topic

stripercrazy

3 hours ago, Ed White said:

OK, Phil is holding out so I'll put up some plugs.

My building season was thrown a major curveball when my wife broke her ankle during the winter. Work was busy like normal, and I've only recently had time to finish up some stuff I was working on.

Here's a few:

20190526_104000.jpg.9d14b6969eb738c35d827bdcecd14470.jpg

Some Jersey style swimmers, ~4-1/2", 1.8 oz., Lefty1 mid lip, fully sealed, 2/0 VMC's and triple split rings. Pretty swimmy, and they cast OK, but not a big water plug.

20190526_105456.jpg.3e710ca8987d1aecccbe83a8425322d7.jpg

Some larger pencils that are destined for the canal this summer, 8-1/2", 4.2 oz., cut 4/0 VMC's, and a couple of 6" spook/howdy type things, 2.8 oz. and the same 4/0 hooks. It used to be that all my best fish here in NJ came on pencils, but the fishing has changed, not so many large fish off the beaches anymore, these smaller walk the dog style plugs work well and cast a mile, which matters when you need to reach the bait schools off a flat sandy beach.

Been working on some jigs too, I'll post up some pics when they're ready

Love red heads:heart:......I'm sure Phil's are just fine:th:

troll #122  <*)))<

On 5/25/2019 at 7:30 AM, Ed White said:

Quit teasing us Phil!

Show us some plugs!

Holding out??!!

Mais non, mes amis!!

I'll be gentle at first, so you'll know when to don the welding goggles to protect your eyes.

IMG_1021.JPG

G.B.O.G.H. -- DT326

"Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world; indeed, it's the only thing that ever has."--M. Mead

Be safe, be smart, be kind.--Gary Crocker, Maine Humorist/Philosopher

Rattle can n glow eyes squiddlies!

IMG_1159.JPG

G.B.O.G.H. -- DT326

"Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world; indeed, it's the only thing that ever has."--M. Mead

I attacked what was a blurple Sr. WaveJammer with my rattle cans last year.  Ivory paint, followed by Bronze Metallic back.  I must have been feeling my oats back then, because I added a red chin splash!!

IMG_0310.JPG

IMG_0309.JPG

G.B.O.G.H. -- DT326

Don't say that I didn't warn ya!

Here's a snazzy casting egg:

IMG_0108.JPG.c5933d5a95fe33bb147843e76301ad6e.JPG

And a couple of MSs:5ceaff248ac01_IMG_7363(Edited).JPG.34a1e7f8516b150498407137a22aebbd.JPG

G.B.O.G.H. -- DT326

5 hours ago, Ed White said:

OK, Phil is holding out so I'll put up some plugs.

My building season was thrown a major curveball when my wife broke her ankle during the winter. Work was busy like normal, and I've only recently had time to finish up some stuff I was working on.

Here's a few:

20190526_104000.jpg.9d14b6969eb738c35d827bdcecd14470.jpg

Some Jersey style swimmers, ~4-1/2", 1.8 oz., Lefty1 mid lip, fully sealed, 2/0 VMC's and triple split rings. Pretty swimmy, and they cast OK, but not a big water plug.

20190526_105456.jpg.3e710ca8987d1aecccbe83a8425322d7.jpg

Some larger pencils that are destined for the canal this summer, 8-1/2", 4.2 oz., cut 4/0 VMC's, and a couple of 6" spook/howdy type things, 2.8 oz. and the same 4/0 hooks. It used to be that all my best fish here in NJ came on pencils, but the fishing has changed, not so many large fish off the beaches anymore, these smaller walk the dog style plugs work well and cast a mile, which matters when you need to reach the bait schools off a flat sandy beach.

Been working on some jigs too, I'll post up some pics when they're ready

Very nice Ed! Those are great looking plugs.  I hope that your wife is feeling better and that you are able to get back out in the surf...

1 hour ago, Ed White said:

Welcome to the Madness Phil. The plugs look good, and rattle cans are hard.

I think that egg might need another coat.

Ehhh, heck, you ain't seen nuthin yet.

(lonellr is now looking for his darkest glasses to shield his eyes from what's coming next.)

G.B.O.G.H. -- DT326

On 5/26/2019 at 1:55 PM, Southcoastphil said:

I attacked what was a blurple Sr. WaveJammer with my rattle cans last year.  Ivory paint, followed by Bronze Metallic back.  I must have been feeling my oats back then, because I added a red chin splash!!

IMG_0310.JPG

IMG_0309.JPG

I've found that some of those auto paints spray on nice and better yet, the ones that are metallic. Keep up the good work. :howdy:

AKN-2 USS Sagittarius

BE ENCOURAGING, NOT DISCOURAGING

<*((())))>< <*((())))><

I might just have to start a new thread here, UAS, to post my next series of abominations.

G.B.O.G.H. -- DT326

4 hours ago, Ed White said:

Phil, that first needle is old school, with the cotter pin thru the back.

It's all good, so long as you're having fun with it.

I added the cotter pin hook hanger.  Figured that it couldn't be much worse than those tiny screw eyes that Boone used to use!

G.B.O.G.H. -- DT326