Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
mrwoodwork

Purglas

Rate this topic

10 posts in this topic

Has anyone had any experience with these rods or blanks? I saw them on The MudHole site and I never heard of them before.

They don't say what they are made of, although from the name I would guess it's some kind of fiber glass?

How do they compare to a Lamiglas rod or blank (wieght and action)?

HELP! confused.gif

Depending on the model you choose the are en excellent stick. I rate them right up there with Zziplex, Conoflex, Grey's and Century, with Purglas on the larger rods the butt sections begin to get a bit large heavy But all and all the are awesome rods. Big Dave

CD I like the 400-2 its a nice stick for sure. most would not want to plug with a rod that long but when the job calls for reaching out and hitting the 2nd bar and beyond its rivals the best of them. Althouh my first choice would be a Zziplex primo lite or a 3500.

Mr Woodwork I have been told that they are all carbon but it would not surprise me if i found them to have some glass in them for durability. They are not quite as fast and crisp as other all carbon rods in thier class. But I have limited experiance with them. Have only cast a half dozen or so. Big Dave

350-2 is great also... VERY lightweight and fights a fish better than any rod i've used...

they load different that many rods to me.. took me a while to get used to casting it... They also are very versatile in the weight range you can cast, I casted 2-7 on my 350-2.. obviously, performance suffered at the high end, but it did it..

Tobias has a 350-2 and i believe it is now his go-to on big plugs. it's 11.5 ft.