FishBurglar

A fly a day

Rate this topic

4,863 posts in this topic

7 hours ago, Drew C. said:

That type of water is great for crab flies, moles/sand crabs too. 

Drew that is where I fish my mole flys where fluke get in on the feed. On the NJ Reports the guys that are successful float them out in the rip to beyond the wash and they score. I made one with foam in it no weight I haven't caught on it.....will tune it up to get a little deeper float.

2 hours ago, saltyh2ofly said:

Drew that is where I fish my mole flys where fluke get in on the feed. On the NJ Reports the guys that are successful float them out in the rip to beyond the wash and they score. I made one with foam in it no weight I haven't caught on it.....will tune it up to get a little deeper float.

Saltyh2ofly,

I've tied my mole crab flys with plastic eyes instead of lead for fluke in the "trough". Works great and have caught the striped ones by accident too

Extremely humid the last 2 weeks  it’s been the same for my fishing buds , wait it out next week should be cooler . Most  of us are on the same page 

D9BDBB24-E127-47F8-8A13-372FB54816EA.jpeg.00ff82875a5f4e6508bc529f7c0b6d07.jpeg

Edited by Hook I

Some recent stuff. Given the time that I've had lately since the river is unfishable I should have more. It is what it is though. All tied on shanks of varying length.

IMG_1871.jpeg

45 mins ago, Drew C. said:

Some recent stuff. Given the time that I've had lately since the river is unfishable I should have more. It is what it is though. All tied on shanks of varying length.

IMG_1871.jpeg

…But now the streams should level out and they are good to catch in deep holes + nice 

1 hour ago, Drew C. said:

IMG_1871.jpeg

So bad@ss

Been a longtime lurker on here.... finally starting to contribute a bit and give back. Here's some Crease fly-ish flies copied from Rupert Harvey's patterns.  More of a popper than a traditional crease fly for sure.  His paint jobs are way above what I've done so far....60fc8a6a2f587_IMG_3990(1).jpg.8a161090d1713473de0abd28ed65cec9.jpg

IMG_3987.jpg

IMG_3989 (1).jpg

This is the bait in tight....silver, maybe 1.75" and active. This should match the hatch as a TEASER fly, too little to stand out by itself but being chased by a bigger streamer/popper could be the ticket

20210727_004233-01.jpeg