FishBurglar

A fly a day

Rate this topic

4,233 posts in this topic

3 hours ago, KidDkivahh said:

It's called a Black Turkey . Out side of that I don't know much about it ,

Thanks , I was given a Black Turkey by guide Hank Rope ,maybe I didn’t pay much attention to the details at the time or his variation was a little different. He put me on a few Brook Trout up off the Esopus Creek . It was my 1st targeting them . What a great day I’ll always remember. 

2 hours ago, Hook I said:

Thanks , I was given a Black Turkey by guide Hank Rope ,maybe I didn’t pay much attention to the details at the time or his variation was a little different. He put me on a few Brook Trout up off the Esopus Creek . It was my 1st targeting them . What a great day I’ll always remember. 

Your guides fly was probably dressed high wing style and no tag, My tie is to the best of my knowledge more in line with the originator . The only exception I lengthened the tail and throat hackle and used the webby portion of the feather. I've done so on other ties really gives a more lively action swinging in slower waters or throwing it up and dead drifting .

Screenshot (12).png

2 mins ago, KidDkivahh said:

Your guides fly was probably dressed high wing style and no tag, My tie is to the best of my knowledge more in line with the originator . The only exception I lengthened the tail and throat hackle and used the webby portion of the feather. I've done so on other ties really gives a more lively action swinging in slower waters or throwing it up and dead drifting .

Screenshot (12).png

Yes the throat is webby as you say , I never fished that fly again as I took the photo & fly to the wall for remembrance  , Jerry Barlett Collection has it there, where I went back to view , I have met a lot of guys from the collection at the Catskills museum . Sat in a few times watched , you know a poor dancer has two left feet , I have two left hands ! 

1 hour ago, Seadogg said:

Just wrapped up an order. These are headed to the north shore. I hear the bite has been pretty hot up there. 

FF243432-9800-4254-B672-F5967AEA2EE0.jpeg

B6C1100B-A730-4B83-8DBC-6F088C0F32AC.jpeg

The pink in the belly is a nice touch. 

Really nice a expected.

17 mins ago, Kml said:

The pink in the belly is a nice touch. 

Really nice a expected.

Thanks I appreciate that. Tying them is fun. Every time I do I tweak the colors a little bit more. Layering and blending the fibers makes for some pretty cool effects.