FishBurglar

A fly a day

Rate this topic

3,330 posts in this topic

18 hours ago, Stonefish said:

Thanks for the info.

I haven't looked at his site in years since I first tied a gurgler.

I'll have to visit it again.

SF

An old timer here in Maine came up with a floating smelt pattern- absolutely deadly on the West Branch of the Penobscot for land locks.

ray's smelt.jpg

8 hours ago, titleguy said:

An old timer here in Maine came up with a floating smelt pattern- absolutely deadly on the West Branch of the Penobscot for land locks.

ray's smelt.jpg

Title,

So does he stuff the tubing with foam?

SF

46 mins ago, Stonefish said:

Title,

So does he stuff the tubing with foam?

SF

SF: In his Floating Minnow pattern, Gartside does stuff the tubing with foam. If you go to his website, click on "Articles" and you will have step-by-steps for many patterns, both for freshwater and saltwater, including the Floating Minnow and the Corsair Sand Eel. 

My son bought me all the fixings to tie tube flies last Christmas . About the only thing I've learned is don't break you thread and it will all ways spin like a top right after you just put the collar on.

On question what grease do use to make them more slippery ? 100_2269.JPG.00caec136205cde97bebfcf4fdaddc09.JPGP2140164.JPG.87b0c441671c30f3c3c44c3bbee4d3ec.JPG 

10 hours ago, KidDkivahh said:

My son bought me all the fixings to tie tube flies last Christmas . About the only thing I've learned is don't break you thread and it will all ways spin like a top right after you just put the collar on.

On question what grease do use to make them more slippery ? 100_2269.JPG.00caec136205cde97bebfcf4fdaddc09.JPGP2140164.JPG.87b0c441671c30f3c3c44c3bbee4d3ec.JPG 

We'll, if that is your main problem, it must be..... elbow grease!