A fly a day

Rate this topic

FishBurglar

4 hours ago, Gilbey said:

A new year's resolution was to spend more time at the vice AND on the water in 2019. I shall make time to sit down a couple times a week at the tying bench even if just for one fly.....not quite a fly a day but a start. :)

More bucktail simplicity on a 2/0 Varivas, mostly because that was the material sitting on the bench from last time. 

adult bunker and 6 inch sand eels, we aint chasin no shorts.............nice fly, very clean technique as usual

Edited by ferret

On 1/22/2019 at 0:50 AM, Stonefish said:

Articulated Gurglers

SF

I'm liking that for stripers, that articulated one at night killah!

On 1/23/2019 at 0:57 PM, Seadogg said:

A few tarpon toads for my honeymoon in the Keys during late February. 2 trips booked, one half day with the wife, then a full day to myself. She’s going to hit a spa. Lady stuff. First time with this pattern. 

These will give you a happy honeymoon on the flats but spend some time with the bride :)  better yet teach her to fish...my wife was a real good fisherman never complains about me fish'n.

Last of my SF Blend series for late springtime bass and blues...tinker mac.

FB_IMG_1548382191827.jpg

I started tying a wiggle tail fly with a .030 wire wrapped head...part of the way through I wasn't happy with it and it morphed into this.  It's not as nice as most of your flies but I think it will work well.  My first keeper sized striper was on an Orvis 3M minnow, which is kinda similar to this.  Mostly tied with bucktail and EP Thunderstruck fibers.

20190126_063719.jpg.dcbaf0ff6fc3c9ea125e3910cc05ce0d.jpg20190126_063606.jpg.4ab125e67a4a04d7a726516e13c7d58c.jpg

Edited by PSUFly