Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
TimA

Opinion on a blank

Rate this topic

5 posts in this topic

Im looking at 2 different blanks now. I like either the batson 1208 (10' 1pc. graphite/glass composite) or the pacific bay XGSU100H-2 (graphite 2pc. 10') both are rated about the same and around the same price. The main difference is that one is one piece, other is two. Other problem I have is that no one anywhere near me (Maine)sells blanks so its gonna cost me an arm and a leg to ship a one piece 10' blank. Unless someone knows of a place in the eastern US that sells blanks so maybe the shipping would be cut down some. Just wondering if any of you guys can help me on this, and if you think I would be disappointed with the two piece rod. Which ever it is, I plan to put a Penn 525 mag on it. Thanks for any help you can give me.

[This message has been edited by TimA (edited 05-22-2002).]

Tim,

Can't comment on Pac Bay, but I've built a few of the RS 1208's. Great rod beautiful finish. It's rated for 1-5, sweetspot around 3-4 ounces. I buy mine from Custom Tackle Supply in Tennessee. He doesn't stock them but has them dropped shipped directly. It cost about $25 to ship. I usually buy 5-10 at a time so the shipping doesn't sting. The blank is such a good value that even with shipping, you're ahead of the game.