Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
JoeB

Two Questions regarding finish

Rate this topic

9 posts in this topic

One general and one specific:

1. How do you judge whether or not you have enough finish on your wraps? Also, do you use a spatula or brush to apply the finish?

2. Specifically, I am using LS Supreme (not the new High Build LS supreme, though I have some of that too wink.gif ) and would like to hear from those who have used it before ow many coats they put on. I've done two thus far. The guide wraps look solid, but I think the butt wrap could ue one more application.

Thanks!

Once you can't feel the threads, that's enough. I must admist, I have a few that I can still feel the ridges, ever, ever so slightly. And guess what, nothing bad happens.

I use a brush, there's a bunch who use a spatula. I tried the spatula, I ended up renaming it a spaztooluh.

One thing EVERYONE agrees upon when it comes to finish: figure out a good method for YOU that YOU can be satisfied with, and stick with it. Of course, try other things, but don't read or hear that you can't do it like that, or so forth and so on - get your act together, get good at it, and stick to it. Eff everyone else. lol.

Joe B...Tried to "spatulate" once and it just got all over my hands!!! I use a quarter inch Testors brush thats basically 1/2 spatula, 1/2 brush...$1.19 plus tax...the bonus is when you forget to clean the brush, its the ultimate mixing tool. When are you done?...when its smooth like mayonaise!

Now we're talking my language. Thanks.

Every so often Im eloquent.

John, as a added bonus to all my rods, I've been secretly embedding goatee hairs in my butt wraps. Anyone want a rod?

Goatee hair! I knew there was something that set them apart from most of the others, couldn't quite put my finger on it...and now that I know the reason definitly don't want to put my fingers on it! LOL

biggrin.gif

Actually Billy's gotee hair is the secret ingredient for those killer spring fluke teasers in the Peconics. I have seen Billy and his Dad bang several good ones in the Brickyard with that teaser.

i used ls supreme on my only two sticks so far...i was instructed to used 2 thin coats and 1 "full" coat and that worked out well. because ls supreme is so thin i personally think that 3 coats is necessary...