Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
yellowtail

REAL SEAT RINGS ?????

Rate this topic

5 posts in this topic

I HAVE AN OLD PLUG ROD THAT I JUST GOT REDONE ~! THE ONLY PROBLEM IS I FORGOT TO GET NEW RINGS ON THE REEL SEAT(ROD HAS OLD METAL REEL SEAT !) NOW 1 OF THEM IS STRIPPED &I ONLY HAVE 1 RING HOLDING REEL ON REEL SEAT (FORTINLY ITS THE BOTTOM RING ~THANX GOD FOR THAT smile.gif&IF THAT 1 GOES WELL WHAT AM I GONNA DO ?(I CANT IMANIGNE THAT ID HAVE TO GET THE ROD TOTALLY STRIPPED DOWN AGAIN PUT NEW RINGS ON &GET THE TOTALLY REDONE

AGAIN ? I SURE HOPE THATS NOT THE SINERO I GOTTA GO THROUGH ?~!!!!!!!)ANY HELP OR SUGGESTIONS WOULD BE GREATLY APPERATED ~!

TIGHT LINES &GOOD FISHING

YELLOWTAIL~!

The reelseat probably can be replaced without needing to strip the entire rod. The rod would need to be looked at by a competent rodbuilder to assess the repair. If it's an old rod the cost to repair it might be escessive. You will need to make that determination.

Since you are in Miami, you have access to a number of top custom rodbuilding/tackle shops that can probably do the repair for you. Check out your local yellow pages for listings.

Yellowtail-If the reel seat is still good that is not stripped itself and the hoods remain in good condition the rear ring can often be replaced, the rear grip would need to be removed- I have a box full of old rings, but as Al said I would go for replacing the seat if it's a favorite rod might be worth the cost

John

JOHN ~

THANXS FOR THE INFO~!

BUT I DONT THINK THERES ANY WAY THIS REEL SEAT IS COMING OFF.? IF IT COULD OF COME OFF&BE REPLACED THE GUY WHO REDID THE ROD WOULD OF SUGGESTED IT ~.(TO TAKE THE OLD METAL REALSEATS OFF R A PIAN IN THE A!!!I DID IT W/ANOTHER PLUG ROD I HAD IT WASNT WORTH THE EFFERT~!)ANYHOW THE BOTTOM FOOT /I THINK U MEAN THE THING THAT HOLDS THE REEL?IS ON THE BOTTOM &THE THREADS WICH HOLD THE RINGS R ON THE TOP ,SO WOULD U HAVE TO TAKE THE BOTTOM FOOT OFF (THE TOP F/ IS LOSE OFCORSE TAKE THE RINGS OFF REPLACE , EM P/THE TOP F/ BACK ON &THEY REGLUE THE BOTTOM FOOT?~! I HOPE U UNDERSTAND WHAT IM TRYING TO SAY?smile.gifIF SO I THIK IT COULD BE DONE ?

PLEASE LET ME KNOW ~! THANXS

TIGHT LINES&GOOD FISHING Y~TAIL

MIKE~