Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
canyondiver

check out this guide!!

Rate this topic

12 posts in this topic

I wouldn't be surprised if it worked. It can't be any heavier than those clunky 40 & 50HH's everyone likes to use so much. This will NEVER catch on over here, too many cheap, close minded people who are set in their traditional ways.

Billy,

Ever notice how a spinning reel casts farther than a spincast reel?

Try taping on 3 LSG-12 guides 1" apart as your stripping set up on a surf rod and we will see who is old and set in their ways tongue.gif

Besides, we all know how cheap I am... Ti and Sic and Gold Cermet are simply junk, right? kiss.gif Just a kiss for ya GUSA boy biggrin.gif

Listen tough guy...

I can tell a toggin rod guide when I see one!! tongue.gif

That is funky looking to me and on a spinning rod?

From my experience, I'd have to say it would really cut down casting distance. You'd need a really tiny spool on that reel to make it work!

You'd need a really tiny spool on that reel to make it work!

MAybe that is what it was inteded for? I don't know, but I do know a couple of people have seen them and casted rods with them, and tehy loved them.

Do you think someone wouuld come up with something like that, without making sure it could cast at least as good as a normal guide? THey had to do a ton of R&D on something like that, which is why it has to work.

cwm27.gif

Dude, you are so fun to pick on... I know I'll be paying for it though smile.gif Somehow...

You are going to make me fix the back garage door, arent you?

It is an interesting looking thing I'll admit... I'm not sure it has a place on a surf spinner, but perhaps they make a larger one?

I'll try anything so long as it comes in Sic and Ti smile.gif

BTW... Big news for ya... I got a set of alconites to try out on a little spinner. Might have to test it out with you on the shores of SI icon14.gif

If Elke comes along, dont be shocked if I crying.gif ... I hat to be outfished.