NERDS Gathering (MA)- Thread Art

Rate this topic

Rapt Tite

Date: Feb 5

Snow Date: Feb 12

Alternate Snow Date: July

The plan is to do this again, without the "how to mount a reel seat" "how to grind a guide foot" "how to mount foam grips, cork tape, etc.."

This one will be a hands on butt wrap/closed wrap session...all thread. Topics will include...tapered offset layout, thread choices, color blending, packing, techniques, etc...

Knowledge of diamonds/ chevrons is preffered...because people do this stuff with different techniques, all that attend will probablly benefit.

If you can't make any of the bigger rodbuilding events going on elsewhere this winter, and are reletively close to Worcester, MA...you're more than welcome to attend. There's no fee, it'll cost you enough in gas to attend...there'll be raffle stuff, food, drink, and rodbuilding talk. Can't go wrong.

PS...dont freak out over the NERDS (north east rod doctors) acronymn...when your in my casa your just a NERB..northeast rodbuilder. Its just a Northeast thing.

North East Rodbuilders

Ray, its at my house, 10 minutes north of worcester on I-190. No charge or fees, but some kind of food item would be appreciated.

So far a wide variety of experience will be here from NH,CT,RI,MA,NJ,and NY.

I'm probablly going to limit out at twenty builders (if there's 20 interested builders...that is)

North East Rodbuilders

I am fairly close and would love to join this get together.

Are there still spaces left?

I have the basics down, but I really need some help with the fancy stuff. I'd love to be able to turn out a diamond wrap.

many thanks!!!

Stroth

RT - looks like you have more than enough coming from your area, so I will go ahead and let the NY/NJ guys know - sometime in January I will hold a Thread Art "class" in my shop. Basically will cover the same stuff as RT's gathering, with one exception - he won't be there so you'll have one less "teacher" to learn from.

Right now my January schedule is a mess. I really want to go Blackfishing into January, and my son is going to start workouts for Baseball the second week. As soon as I nail down a date & time, I will let you guys know the specifics.

"the internet is the greatest platform for people who don't know anything, to tell people how much they don't know, to people who don't know anything and believe everything they read."
-Billy 40:16

L'sider, stroth and tpoliti...of course you can come.

Because Billy is having the same type of gathering in Jan.... it gives people from the northeast states,(closer to NY metro area), the option to cover the same stuff, with a location closer to you.

More to come...

North East Rodbuilders

• 4 weeks later...