Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
keeperreaper

Cutter's Advanced

Rate this topic

17 posts in this topic

Thanks FWW! That stuff really works unbelievably. I tried it out up in an area I fish where the mosquitoes are ridiculous unless there is a howling wind. I didn't get bit ONCE. This is one product everyone should get their hands on. The best bug spray I've ever used. Thanks Again Ben.. KR

Glad you got it dude. Hope it works.

I can arrange to send TimS a box of samples if he wants to hand 'em out at a fling or something.

Anyone else I sent samples to, please let me know you got 'um.

BTW, I have nothing to do with the company that makes the stuff and I have no interest (commercial or otherwise) in the company that makes it.

Yeah... thanks FWW! I just got to try it out this weekend. Dead calm in the backbays and it worked great! I saw em flying around, but they didn't bother me.

Does anyone know if this stuff will melt line or plastics like DEET will?

According to the fact sheet, Picaridin does not attack plastic or synthetics. Has anybody evaluated its effectiveness against gnats? They're way more annoying than the mosquitos, and they laugh at deet.

Just bring it on down to SJ. I'm sure there is some sort of biting marsh bug down here that will find a way through it!! tongue.gif

I will say that regular 30% deet Cutter works for strawberry flies, which is something I can't say for most other sprays. Sportsmens Off works well too, though Deep Woods Off works only a little bit. I know because that was all I had yesterday and got eaten alive mowing the lawn.

Been looking for this stuff since reading about it and can't find it in the NY area. One website does'nt send it to NY.

Can anyone offer some ideas here?

Checker, Tiderunr:

I got some at a local Eckerd's Pharmacy in Brooklyn. Took it for a test run out to Jamaica Bay. Results not final, either I'm allergic to something in the repellent or I was having skeeters land but not bite. Either way, I was itching, although I didn't get any welts. I'm going to give it another shot this weekend. Gotta find an alternative to DEET, to which I also suspect I've developed an allergic reaction.

"...or I was having skeeters land but not bite"

They might have been gnats, at that. After dark, I couldn't tell, I just felt something annoying the hell out of me. Thinking I might be allergic to the stuff, I checked for hives when I got back to the car - nada, but man I was itching like a mother.