Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
fisheb00

How Far - can you throw it

Rate this topic

8 posts in this topic

This is just for fun cause things have been a little slow in here. How far can you throw a 2oz pencil popper. Any 2oz pencil popper, any reel, any rod, any line. It dont matter what you use - how far can you throw it? I went to the football field and tried it with 4 different rods with various setups of guides lines and thing a ma bobs. I'll let you know what I got after a few folks post, you will be suprised!!!

Bruce

Yeah when they snap off they sure do go farther anybody seen a yellow big don popper down south. At any rate I tested with sb1081L, xra1204, xra1205, xra1321L, sb1083m. I had two other guys with me and all the rods test out between 88 yards and 105 yards. Some has sic guides some had hardloy some high frame some regular frame most had braid on the reels the reels were VS 250's except one penn 5500 with mono. All the rods were tested a buch of times. The winner was the 1083m with hardloy guides and mono line @105 yards. And that just makes me think no matter what guide set you use or what rods are used a 2oz plug with line attached has a limitation (drag) and that limitation is between 88-105 yards. Anyone feel the same way or ever do any real testing?