Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Neil

Your Article in Rod Crafters

Rate this topic

1 post in this topic

Hi Al.Neil! Just got my Oct-Dec Rod Crafters and was very happy to see your article on the Lamiglas Tri-Flex/Wall Blanks.

Was chatting with Mr.Vivian back in Aug about some of the discontinued/obsolete blanks for sale at their site and he sent me a prototype of the CSB 1202M.10ft,2 piece,1-3oz. lures,15-30lb line.

I'm no fan of ferruled rods,in fact I don't own any,But that blank is absolutely SUPERB.Each time I put it together and hold it in my hands in my minds eye I can see Frank Woolner in his classic "high surf" with this rod,an old squidder,and a deep bend in the rod.I know that sounds kinda maudlin but it's true.

I'm going to build this one into a spinner though,primarily for tossing lures,but must wait for my "pennies and dimes" to build-up so I can buy a new spinner just for that rod/blank.It deserves one.I've settled on a Mitchell Nautil N7500PGV,loaded with 80lb test Power Pro(to eliminate the need for a shockleader and allowing me to go down to size 8 guides using the New Guide Concept).

Obviously have to get the reel so I can"build to fit".Depending on the spool dia.at the lip I may go with SIC Hi Frame surf guides for the 1st 3 or so and then transition to the New Concept Guides.I'll no-doubt be asking for your advice on this when the time comes.

I'm happy to know that you too believe that lamiglas has come up with a Real Winner in this Hybrid blank series. Neil