Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
connman

Jetty blank

Rate this topic

6 posts in this topic

My friend has a custom built lami for jetty work (Jersey not Montauk ) and he thinks it was built using a live bait series blank . I am thinking either a GLB-1081M or 1MH . Any one seen jetty rods built on these blanks . I am thinking of getting one made but want to make sure that is the right blank .

Conn

I happen to own both these rods, The GSB and the GLB are so close to one another I don't think you could pick them apart if it wernt for the lable. The rods seem to have the pretty much same actions, curves, and feel to them. There certinaly seems to be no difference in casting performance. What makes the LB a live bait rod and the SB being a surf and bar rod is a good question. For reasons other than marketing I cant really see any difference whatsoever. Big Dave

The GLB1081M and the GSB1081L are virtually the same blank. Likewise GLB1081MH is virtually the same as the GSB1081M. Obviously your friend's rod could've been built on any of them. The lighter blank(s) is a great beach rod for anywhere nine footers are the norm for that work, and casts lighter but highly productive plugs like Bombers and other offerings in the 1 oz. range a lot more efficiently than the heavier blank(s). The heavier option can better handle a steady diet of bigger plugs, is a good bit more ballsy blank, and is much better suited for the likes of swift inlet waters and heavy currents. Either can be an excellent choice, much dependant upon your likely terrain.

[ 09-21-2005, 01:13 AM: Message edited by: Bill Klein ]

Will have to check out the lighter version . I have the heavier plug range covered pretty good with a loomis sur1084 . It will handle the 1oz range too but have to cast hard to load it and my shoulder it still not 100% after surgery this year so want a lighter easier loading rod . Plus you can never have too many rods ...

Low price to higher price , these are good jetty sticks

batson 1089

Allstar 1088

Lami GSB 108 1M

I would choose the Allstar 1088 for myself. The lami is nice if you like the slower action.