Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Gil.F

permagloss

Rate this topic

7 posts in this topic

If your using it to finish the entire rod, then yes. It's alot easier that way than to try and get it even by going around the guides. If your using it to finish the guide wraps, then that's self-explanitory wink.gif

I've received a lot of tips on how to use Permagloss but I guess it's best if someone was kind enough to post some instructional photos here. I've tried dabbing the stuff on using a piece of sponge but did an awful job! frown.gif

I assume you're wanting to apply it to the blank itself? If so, there are too good and easy ways to do it. First, you can wet a foam brush with the Permagloss and rake it quickly from butt to tip, spin the blank 180 degrees and do the same on the opposite side and then let it stand. Or, wet a piece of folded cheesecloth and also quickly wipe from butt to tip on opposite sides. Let stand for about 30 minutes or so and repeat with a 2nd application. That usually does it and will provide a coating that will rival any factory finish.

A couple suggestions - on longer or flimsy blanks it helps to have someone to hold the blank or even move it through the PermaGloss "applicator." And always apply the PermaGloss while the blank is positioned straight up and down - don't do this while the blank is horizontal. It must be vertical.

Gil,

If you are doing underwrap then it would go on before. Thats what I do anyway. Underwrap, then a coat of epoxy then wrap the guide on and coat again.

OOps, I thought you were just using it to coat the guide wraps.