Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Russ

Lamiglas GSB 150 2MH

Rate this topic

10 posts in this topic

I am considering the Lamiglas GSB 150 2MH blank for use with a Penn 525 Mag.

What are the advantages/disadvantages of trimming the tip on this rod?

Would it be good to trim the blank for tossing 6-8oz. of lead plus bait?

I am willing to give up trying 4oz. and bait for continuous 6-8oz. and bait.

Thanks.

Russ, I haven't built this blank, but just from looking at the specs, I can't imagine you would need to cut anything to throw 6-8 oz plus bait. Blank is rated 6-16oz. Mind me asking why the 12' 6" blank? What are you trying to do with it and where are you fishing?

SMT, I really did not want a blank quite this long. But I really need to find a way to toss 6-8oz of lead plus bait.

I usually fish in New Jersey and have a trip to Nags Head this year. One of my other options is to get a rod good for 4-6oz of lead plus bait and then buy a cheap heaver (<$125) when I get to Nags Head.

I have 2 of the 150's It is a lot of rod to hold. And to load also. The 1509 rainshadow will out cast it.. The 136 an 148 Lami will both heave over a pound of lead. 150 in the sand spike 136 for wading.

2ct.

I have 2 of the 150's It is a lot of rod to hold. And to load also. The 1509 rainshadow will out cast it.. The 136 an 148 Lami will both heave over a pound of lead. 150 in the sand spike 136 for wading.

2ct.

the 150-2 lami is " a lot of rod to hold" and you like the 1509 rainshadow? I'm confused...

the lami is 147 times easier to hold and load than any of the breakaways 1509, 1508 or the original 1509... i thought the rainshadow 1509 was like the original breakaway..

I can't imagine a rod lighter than the lami 150-2 for casting 8 well.... easy loading heaver in my opinion.. if i wanted to fish it with 5 or 6 oz a lot and occasionally 8, i'd leave it like it is and take all the length off the butt.. or get the 144-2 which is just 12'..

The Lami 1361 I threw was light, but took a lil bit to load it. The 150-2 I have throws much better imho, very light and have thrown 10-bait with it all day on the N Beach in Hatteras. My FAVORITE 8-bait stick is without a doubt the Outcast 1625, it will out throw my Lami 1502 with the same 525 Mag and 17# Sufix.

That said, Im havin a Rainshadow 1509 built this spring, I loved it the minute I threw it. Lighter and easier to load than the original Breakaway 1509 imho, plus you dont get the tip section twisting as bad since its in the 2p/1p configuration. That one will prolly slide into the #2 spot in the line up and knock the Lami back to 3rd ...of course it all depends on the caster too.

Adam