Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
AngeloRoma

Sage 470-3 blank

Rate this topic

12 posts in this topic

Hi to everyone.

Let me introduce myself.

My name is Angelo and I'm an Italian 48 years old man living in Rome.

I'm sorry for my poor English. I'll try to do my best to explain my problem.

I'd like to start to build my first spinning rod and for this purpose I have bought a Sage 470-3 blank together with the following set of Fuji Sic guide 25-20-16-12-10-8-7 plus tip.

I have a Shimano Technium 4000 reel with Power Pro 20lb braided line.

My first question is if the guide set is correct for the Sage 470 blank.

I've red a lot of documents about the Fuji New Guide Concept and It seems to me that It is a very good approach but my experience doesn't allow me to have a personal opinion.

I like fishing into the mediterannean sea.

Thanks a lot.

Angelo

[ 06-07-2005, 10:49 AM: Message edited by: AngeloRoma ]

It seems to me that your guide choices are good. Although i am not familiar with your blank lenth power action, it might be hard to set up a 'bad' rod with what you have, guides/line/reel. Look at your factory rods and search this forum and also rodbuiding.org, and their library for spacing recommendations. tape it together and test cast it. it is custom so you can do anything you want.

Angelo, nothing wrong with the stuff you picked.

The concept guide system is working nicely for many folks as well, but the guides you have are not the set for a concept system.

Nice blank! icon14.gif

Hi Canyondiver,

Thanks for your answer.

Do you think that I should mount a different guide set on this rod (based on the Fuji New Guide Concept) and in this case which are the guides I have to buy?

Please, could you also tell me some indications about the spacing chart I have to follow?

Thanks a lot.

Angelo

7 guides in a 7 foot spinner sounds like too many.

"A great medium power rod for stripers, bonefish, permit, redfish, snook, pike and largemouth bass. Designed for 8- to 17-pound test line and 3/8- to 5/8-ounce lures. This fast action, smooth casting rod weighs only 47/8 ounces. It stows easily in its 33-inch rod tube."

Triet,

I have no experience in this field. This is the reason for which I am asking suggestions in this forum.

How many guides need and which size? Which the spacing chart? Fuji New Concept performs better or not? Where can i find a description of it?

I know ... some of these seem to be stupid questions but this is my degree of experience.

If it shoundn't be simple for you to answer to my questions and you know a web site where this kind of information are reported, please tell me that.

Thanks again.

Angelo

Thank you Paul,

I have found on http://www.anglersresource.net/ar/product.html a lot of information on Fuji Concept Guides.

Now I'd like to know your opinion about the two different approaches (traditional and new concept).

In your opinion, if you are planning to mount a 7' light spinning blank such as the Sage 470-3 or similar, which is the best approach? Or which are pro and cons of the two approaches?

Thanks again.

Angelo