Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
TimA

New Surf Rod

Rate this topic

5 posts in this topic

Al, Hoping to build a new surf rod this spring. Im planning to put either a Penn 975 or Penn 525mag on it.(havent decided if the extra casting distance with the 525 is worth the frustration with no level wind.) Hope to put 25# or 30# mono on it. It will be used to liveline herring, chunking, fishing eels, and some plugs. I was thinking of a 10' Pacific Bay graphite blank but Im open to suggestions. Think Im kind of looking at price too, the Pac Bay is somewhat cheaper than others, and Im a firm believer of putting more money into a good reel rather than a rod. I want it to be graphite for the leighter weight, a big glass rod can get tiring to cast all night. Any help anyone can give me will be appreciated, thanks.

Agree whole heartedly with the Batson Rainshadow but also might want to look at Lamiglas Tri-Flex CSB 1202M,2piece,10ft,tip over butt ferrule,graphite butt with graphite/glass composite tip,rated for up to 3oz lures and 30lb line.priced around $100.00+S&H.

Think about the Breakaway 10' model 1202-2. I just finished two rods and they will fit the bill as to what you looking for. Great castability and a fish fighting machine. Good luck. Any questions email me.

------------------

<*{{{{{{-<

FISHLANDERS VP