Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
gonefishing

GLB961M & New Guide Concept

Rate this topic

3 posts in this topic

I am thinking about a new stick using a Lamiglas GLB961M set up with single foot SiC guides using the New Guide Concept. I'll be matching up my VS100 with 12-15# test mono on it. The reel will be mounted at 16" from the butt end. Can you supply me with the guide spacing? Also any pro or con comments on this setup would be appreciated.

GF,

Great blank, a favorite of mine. I have two set up as conventional.

Setting it up for spinning I would use the Fuji super high-frames YSG or YLG: 30,20,16, 10, 8, 8, 6,6,6,6 and a tip.

As far as spacing, the 30 stripper should be approximately 28-35 inches from the face of the reel seat. I am not familiar with the VS100. If the reel body is canted up toward the blank then take a yard stick and run the edge through the center of the reel body plain and up towards the blank. Where the yardstick intersects the blank is the initial position to place the stripper guide. You will then adjust the position of the stripper after test casting to eliminate any line slap.

To space the remaining guides start from the tip. The first #6 guide should be 3.5 inches from the tip. Then increase your spacing in 1/2 inch intervals towards the stripper.

Please let me know how it works out.

Al