Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
WNYsteelheader

st. croix blanks and pencil popping

Rate this topic

7 posts in this topic

Hey guys. Thanks for all the help on the rainshadow blanks below. What St. croix blanks would you reccomend for 3 ounces of led and a bunker chuck or sand worm looking for it to be 10ft long? I also need a pencil popper rod for montauk. Is there any good st. croix for this? I am looking for 11-12 ft 2 piece. Can i use a 2 piece for a pencil popper?

Thanks again guys. This is a big help.

Sincerely,

Dan colville

Surfstiva uses the following St. Croix Avid series and its awsome. 95% of what she throws is pencil poppers. She has a Calcutta 300TE on it and can cast the thing a mile.

ASRC100M2 10' M Mod. Fast 2 8-20 3/4 - 4oz

Hope this helps,

tom

Surfstiva uses the following St. Croix Avid series and its awsome. 95% of what she throws is pencil poppers. She has a Calcutta 300TE on it and can cast the thing a mile.

ASRC100M2 10' M Mod. Fast 2 8-20 3/4 - 4oz

Hope this helps,

tom

I have seen it with mine own eyes, and it is a bit scary actually. Got to toss it a few times, nice stick.

quote:

I have seen it with mine own eyes, and it is a bit scary actually. Got to toss it a few times, nice stick. What do you mean scary? Just cause 916Steelhead wouldn't get into a casting contest with her and all biggrin.gif

The ASRS100M2 is the Avid series, the best blank they make for plugging is the 3SRS100M, 10ft 1piece on the upgraded SC4 graphite...it's rated 3/4 oz thru 4oz but IMO 3oz is the upper limit for leaning on it hard. I have two and like the action better than the 10ft Lami's, but the blank will cost you just as much as a 10ft Lami if you can find it and it's nowheres near as strong as a 1201M, if bigger plugs are your thing, a 1201M, otherwise it's a great blank.

quote:

I have seen it with mine own eyes, and it is a bit scary actually. Got to toss it a few times, nice stick.

What do you mean scary? Just cause 916Steelhead wouldn't get into a casting contest with her and all biggrin.gifi'm scared to take on a casting challenge with your better half Tom. I've seen her cast cwm31.gif

I like her set-up.