Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Al Goldberg

Weekend Activity

Rate this topic

6 posts in this topic

The weekend weather was hot and humid. I spent most of the time down in the shop working away on a bunch of tuna sticks.

Early tuna reports have started to come in and are very promising. I delivered Arne P's 1321 last week and I am eagerly waiting for a field report from him.

I am off to Montauk on Thursday for an extended weekend of both inshore and offshore fishing.

Have a great week.

Al

Fished Montauk on Friday, 8/10 under terrible conditions as the stormed front moved east. It sure didn't bother the fish, since the stripers, sea bass and scup bite was redhot.

I thought the strong SW winds having made up some good surf on the southside would have brought some bass onto the beach. However, I met Alberto and crew Saturday morning after a long night in the suds with no luck.

The rest of the weekend was a washout.

Al

At least you had one good day icon15.gif Too bad the weather didn't cooperate though.

I chatted with Alberto Friday about my rods. I appreciate the compliments (so now I shall badger you with questions - lol).

Billy

[This message has been edited by Billy 40 (edited 08-12-2001).]

Al,

It was good to see you on Friday. I'm glad to hear that you did well. We did not get to fish for the cod with that swell. We stayed inshore looking for fluke. We managed to get close to our limit. The biggest fish on the boat was about 9 lbs. Capt. Joel also had some lobsters for us back at the dock. Saturday's dinner could not be beat!

Ravioli,

I heard you had some drift with the wind and tide together. You must have been an express train over those rips. A buddy fished the southside and also limited out with fish to 9 lbs.

Al

Hey Mr.G it was nice to talk with you the other night. I did'nt make the trip north this weekend. The weather looked too bad for my small boat. I stayed home and worked on that rod we talked about. All I have left to do is wrap the guides on. It looks really nice, I used red metallic underwrap with gold trim bands on the ends and center. I can't decide what color to wrap the guides on with. I may use either a contrasting red or maybe black. Glad you hit some fish take care, Bruce Fisher.