Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
tjr

batson 1087 guide layout

Rate this topic

6 posts in this topic

I just ordered a batson 1087 to wrap as a spinner using a vs 150 reel. The guides are 40hh 30h bsvlg 25 20 16, as recomended by searching through prior posts. What would a starting point be for the reel seat and guide placement. If it matters i am 6'1" 235 lbs and will be throwing mostly swedish style plugs and buctails. Also any color schemes with purple green and red (my sons color choices)would be appreciated.

TJR,

These are starting guidelines. Length of butt from base of reelseat to end of butt, 26-inches.

Face of spool to 40HH guide, 34-inches. Possibly a little shorter if you plan on using braided line.

I don't comment on colors, since it's a matter of personal taste.

Al

Thanks Al

If it was up to me the rod would be any color as long as it was black with black wraps, function before form kind of thinking. with any luck it will be set up and test cast next weekend and epoxied the following week. The next project will be a lami gsh901mt to slay the albies and bonita this fall.

Tight lines

Tom Riley

Tom,

I guess you must have seen my GSH901MT at the Freeport Show. That is my conventional albie rod.

For spinning I am building four Lami GLB901L for friends matched with Shimano Sustain 4000's and 20# Fireline.

Al

Al,

Im glad you mentioned the GLB901L. what a great rod. I just built one for Hagar and I love the way it came out. Im getting one. It'll be matched with a VS 150, and 14 lb fireline. I loved it.

BC

BC,

The GLB901L is also one of my favorite back bay rods. I walk a the northside of Montauk at first light and dusk in the summer and early fall. Alot of decent bass, weaks and blues will come in on the top of the tide to feed in the shallows.

Al