Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
sportyguy33

Line Slap at start of Retrieve?

Rate this topic

5 posts in this topic

Ok guys I have question about line slap on the retrieve. Here's what I have. I wrapped up a Allstar 1267 as a spinner with a BMNAG40 as the collector 33 inches from the reel face of a nautil

7500 with braid. When I was doing my test casting with dry line the line didn't slap the rod durng he retrieve but once I got it into the water I noticed the wet line at the initiation of the retrive slaping the blank. Is this something I should worry about?

NEvermind, I just re-read the post. I think this happens because there is some slack when you start teh retrieve - once there is tension on teh line, this stops, right? And it doesn't happen on teh cast at all, right?

I'm gonna hazard a guess that the width of the first guideallows teh line to "jump" up and smac the blank when you make the first couple of turns on slack line. NExt time you fish, pay attention to teh start of the retrieve and see exactly what happens, then come back here and post.

I do not think this is a problem - as it does not hamper the cast at all. If you are worried about teh blank getting damaged from teh line slap - I don't think that's a concern either.