Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
tjr

GSH901MT/GSH961MT

Rate this topic

6 posts in this topic

Al , are any rods produced by lamiglas on these two blanks? I need a conventional to toss 1/2-1 oz. bucktails for bass,leadheads for weaks, and deadly dicks for albies.

I just finished a GSH961MT set up conventional for the same appication. Coupled with a Calcutta 250 and 20# Power Pro it is a sweet set up.

I will check tomorrow for you. I have the blank to rod conversion chart in the office. Were you looking for spinning or conventional?

Al

TJR & Al.Neil. Have in-progress a 1 piece 961MT that i'm going to extend by using the butt section from an 8ft 2 piece glass blank,rated for 20-40lb line.Am waiting for the reel for which it will be built,ABU 6500CS Mag,to come back from being modified with ceramic bearings and extreme smoothie drag.

Will have to cut about 57/8" from ferrule end of the butt section giving me a a glue joint of 8" and a rod right at 11 1/2ft.It will be ultra fast action and may not turn out worth a hoot but am going to give 'er a shot.I wouldn't have been able to afford this little experiment had I not gotten the blank from the Mud Hole's Lami blems before that all went south.

If it turns out too fast or just plain awkward I'll have plenty of tapered reamer stock for a long time.

Will use the new concept Alconites and apply the new guise concept as best i can for a conventional.Have already done this with one SW baitcsater,71/2ft and applied spiral wrap too.Worked like a charm.

Will keep you posted if you'd like. Neil

Oh yeah the 2 piece blank came from www.summermoonrodworks.com top of page 33 of their catalog.Neil