Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
corbina

SB136-3m-2pc Lami

Rate this topic

6 posts in this topic

I would imagine you need a two piece blank if you're looking at that instead of the sb 136 4M.

Suggest trimming the tip back to a size 14-16 and trimming a corresponding amount from the butt, to keep the ferrule roughly halfway up the blank. You want the ferrule no higher than halfway, and preferably lower if you can take a little more from the butt.

Thanks Dj

Yes I need a 2pc.

Do you happen to know how much difference in distance you lose if any compared to the 1502MH cutback 2inch?

I imaging they feel different during loading.

It cost less but I thought it my also be more durable at the cost of a little weight?

Sorry--I don't think I've ever even held a 1502MH blank in my hands, let alone a finished rod.

A 3M blank takes a nice, slow load. Bends almost to the reel. Lami's e-glass blanks are extremely durable. I have lob-cast 6-8 oz and bait on a full length one piece 136 3M.

i am in the process of building myself a 1363m-2, its for me and the run is on so its only half built but seeing plenty of use. the reelseat and corktape is done and the guides are electrical taped on until summer. i have a magged avet sx on it with 65lb powerpro and it is a light, easy to cast combo.

anyway.. i cut it from the tip 2 or 3 inches bcause i also need it to cast 8+bait and cut down it works fine. it casts 6+bait best, i just started using conv. in the surf this year and i can get as far as with my spinner. last night i cast 8+ 3/4 a bunker over 50 yards with wind in my face. what more can you expect? comfortable, too. didnt pull me off my feet and im only 140 lb!

i do not like how many guides are needed on the fiberglass surf rods. i have 2 more than i want right now. im using BMNAGs in 25, 20, 16, 16, 12 x 5 and a BMNAT sz 12 top

i may go all 16s before it gets wrapped.

IMO its the GSB series is much better and easier to setup guides on but everyone should have at least 1 honey rod in the rack wink.gif