How Dangerous Sharks When Kayak Fishing?

interesting thread.  i tend to believe statistics are nonsense.  Way more people hunt deer, use vending machines, and sleep in a bed than goof around in the ocean, especially at depths that sharks swim in.  

This reminds me of the comedian Bill Burr's skit when he talks about not wanting to scuba dive, and his friend insists that most shark attacks happen in shallow water.  Bill's response is, "of course they are because that’s where the people are". LOL

interesting thread.  i tend to believe statistics are nonsense.  Way more people hunt deer, use vending machines, and sleep in a bed than goof around in the ocean, especially at depths that sharks swim in.  

This reminds me of the comedian Bill Burr's skit when he talks about not wanting to scuba dive, and his friend insists that most shark attacks happen in shallow water.  Bill's response is, "of course they are because that’s where the people are". LOL

Well i was speaking to a marine biologist at a seminar today and here on long island they found 5 blue sharks which are suppossed offshore sharks in 30 feet of water about 30 yards from shore off democrat point. So i believe anything is possible

Quote:

Originally Posted by bpowx18 View Post

Well i was speaking to a marine biologist at a seminar today and here on long island they found 5 blue sharks which are suppossed offshore sharks in 30 feet of water about 30 yards from shore off democrat point. So i believe anything is possible

I totally agree.  I was just poking fun at the statistics provided that make everyone feel warm and cozy.