Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Keltan

Saltiga expedition 2014

Rate this topic

210 posts in this topic

Garriga do have we ever meet ? Coming to Sebastian almost weekly my name is Bruno

May be. I've met bunch of guys but just know faces. I only fish the south jetty from the parking lot rocks out to the tip. I can usually be seen with a StormR surf top and either a FL cube or MAC Bucktail bag. Don't see others with bags so I should stand out. I'm also the one slipping and sliding as I learm the rocks.

Well, I just looked at my 5500, it's been a while, 1 week since I fondled it...I never noticed or looked at the drag knob closely before, but the color appears to be slightly different than the overall royal blue color of the reel...

the drag knob is violet dark purple in color, different from the body of the reel...but then again, I never noticed that until you zoom in on it and look for it, then I again my eyesight is not perfect =)

Well, I just looked at my 5500, it's been a while, 1 week since I fondled it...I never noticed or looked at the drag knob closely before, but the color appears to be slightly different than the overall royal blue color of the reel...

the drag knob is violet dark purple in color, different from the body of the reel...but then again, I never noticed that until you zoom in on it and look for it, then I again my eyesight is not perfect =)

Thanks. I took back the question after thinking it might be another case of that crazy color changing dress lol :D

The expedition is a sweet ride.

Hi Phil, nice reels. How do you like the Stella? I think Ryan from Century uses the 6500H Saltiga. Daiwa makes some sweet reels.

Hi Phil, nice reels. How do you like the Stella? I think Ryan from Century uses the 6500H Saltiga. Daiwa makes some sweet reels.

Haven't checked her out yet.

Smoother than a baby's bottom

Edited by columbo

IMHO, most reel makers attempt to follow Diawa's lead. I like both Shimano and Diawa but I do think Diawa are constructed sturdier and smoother. I bought this Stella as I've noticed Stephen (Jensen's) playing mostly with her while surf fishing in Cabo