Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
new2yakin

Lami GLB 841L

Rate this topic

2 posts in this topic

I now have an extra glb 841l blank. Broke the first one earlier this year while casting waaah.gif .

However, the great guys at Lamiglas sent me a replacement heart.gif .

In the interim I bought a Tica 7 ft. for spinning on the kayak and plugging the north shore. The Tica is serving me well. Thought that the Lami was a little light for me. I will cast up to 1.5 oz poppers.

Dilemma is. Should I build another light spinner, or use it for a light bay fluke rod also for porgies. The rod I use for this now is just OK.

Any suggestions for its best use would be appreciated.

Thanks

Tom

P.S. No cracks about sending the rod to someone else that would know what to do with it cwm13.gifwink.gifsmile.gif

Ya know, I was going to say send it to me for testing but, since I'm allowed no humor here... I'd think the 841 would be a great yakin stick for the weights yer chuckin. One very important thing about graphite (glass too) in particular...

If you bring a fish in close and raise the rod so the forces are placed at an angle greater than 90 degrees to the rod, you will break a lot of blanks. I see this quite frequently on boats. Someone will drop the rod and grab it by the upper portion and lift the fish with the rod. Snap-ola. Please refrain from this practice, even if the Bassmasters do it on TV. If you reach your arm behind you and keep a low tip you'll bring that fish within leadering range and will not over-stress the blank. I have tiny stuf I've owned for years that I regularly use on very big fish (125 lb blue shark on #4lb line, 40 lb bluefin on 6 lb, blah blah) and so far only American airlines has broken these things.

Build that thing and go get me a big one!!

CD